AVIC411.com

Abb's Chrome NAV Mod V3.25 - Aug 30th '10

How do u add a location as a favorite spot?

Go to 'Route/ Plan/ Curser/ Add to favorites'

I had a hard time with this today. Is there a way to make this simpler? After selection of a destination, can the program just ask if this should be added to favorites? In the original system program after selecting a destination there was an intermidiate split screen showing the point and address. At this point you could "navigate to the point", "save it to favorites", etc. I thought this was a good setup.

Another option, a long press on "Distance to Destination" on the Main Screen while navigating could ask if the destination should be added to the Favorite list. Just some thoughts.

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First I noted that when I turned off the "your speed" sign from the display, the "MPH" label remains on the screen. I also noticed that, as with the Diaftia mods, during navigation I normally keep voice directions turned off, however after ending a phone call, the voice directions are back on.

Yes, I know that. The turning off your speed sign was from Diaftias mod prior when nobody wanted that big clunky speed sign covering the screen. That is why I have made it as a text, so that it would look better. I was going to remove that option, but nobody (until now ) has ever bothered to turn it off, so I wasn't to worried about it. The reason that there the unit sign remanes is that it went under a seperate script as I had to make the units smaller than the numbers and this was the only way to do that

I like having the elevation display on the screen, however, it is located in an odd spot. Just a thought, could this be moved up so that it located directly under the compass? While displaying the house numbers on the screen is a great display, I normally only need them if I am trying to find a location or while navigating. Is it possible to change the option for displaying house numbers to "yes/no/while navigation"?.

I cant put it directly below the compass because the current speed is there. If I put the elevation up and the speed below, then the speed would be drowned out by the streets and not be as visible

On the AV screens,the function button has a great graphic but you can't see it because of the text. I'm not sure the text is really needed. Is it possible to modify the top information screen? The channel text is small, and I would like a larger clock.

I am not to sure which AV screen you mean. If you are talking about the Main/AV part of the Avic, then that is not possible as the code is locked in and the only thing that can be changed is the actual bmp's.

How do u add a location as a favorite spot?

Go to 'Route/ Plan/ Curser/ Add to favorites'

I had a hard time with this today. Is there a way to make this simpler? After selection of a destination, can the program just ask if this should be added to favorites? In the original system program after selecting a destination there was an intermidiate split screen showing the point and address. At this point you could "navigate to the point", "save it to favorites", etc. I thought this was a good setup.

Another option, a long press on "Distance to Destination" on the Main Screen while navigating could ask if the destination should be added to the Favorite list. Just some thoughts.

I am glad that you mentioned this as it was bugging me as well. I will make a shortcut in the 'Route Menu' to make it easier to add a favorite

Hey guys, is this better? Remember, please give me feedback as that is what makes me post these updates

The add to Favorites is great.

I have not tried you mod yet, still using Diaftia's and loving it. Your mod looks great so I may have to give it a try. I was hoping Diaftia's 3.0 would be released but still waiting.

I don't get on the forum very often but do make a point to check in occasionally.

Is the VR working on the Nav screen or is this still a problem? I rarely use it because too often it made mistakes and I don't want to call the wrong person, but I am just wondering.

Thanks for all your fine work abb1.

The add to Favorites is great.

I have not tried you mod yet, still using Diaftia's and loving it. Your mod looks great so I may have to give it a try. I was hoping Diaftia's 3.0 would be released but still waiting.

I don't get on the forum very often but do make a point to check in occasionally.

Is the VR working on the Nav screen or is this still a problem? I rarely use it because too often it made mistakes and I don't want to call the wrong person, but I am just wondering.

Thanks for all your fine work abb1.

I don't think that Diaftias 3.0 will ever be released, unfortunately, plus, I don't think that it will have much more than mine already has, and I have a few more goodies in my next release which I am putting into testing mode now. These new modifications are a definate improvement over my current release.

Abb.As always I am really looking forward to your next release,seems an age ago since the last one.Realise you have other things in your life than making the Avic better for the rest of us :D .I am sure you know how much your efforts are appreciated on here.Are you going to give us a sneak preview of what to expect.......how about the possibility of running Tom tom???

Nah, tom-tom works, but I had a problem loading the maps, or maybe I just had bad maps, I don't know. I am trying some other things, but unfortunately, everything requires testing and that part is tough when you are working 60 hrs/wk out of town :(

I don't think that Diaftias 3.0 will ever be released, unfortunately, plus, I don't think that it will have much more than mine already has, and I have a few more goodies in my next release which I am putting into testing mode now. These new modifications are a definate improvement over my current release.

That is excellent news. Thank you very much.

And yes, that "Add to favorites" is perfect. In fact, it will be fav one for many of us.

Thanks.

Nice mod Abb

I need some help how can i add or delite speed / red camera

Thanks

You can add a camera by pressing the speed limit icon when you are in a new camera location.You can delete a camera using the cursor menu.Put your cursor onto the camera icon and press the red cursor icon.You then get options to alter camera type etc and also to delete the camera.

Hey Abb, here's one for you. I was driving my wife's Altima yesterday and she has steering wheel controls. She has a source button which works. it changes from FM/AM/CD/Ipod/SAT etc. with one button press. Can that functionality be added to the map screen somehow? it is a bit of a pain to change sources. I would love to have that in my Mustang.

Hey Abb, here's one for you. I was driving my wife's Altima yesterday and she has steering wheel controls. She has a source button which works. it changes from FM/AM/CD/Ipod/SAT etc. with one button press. Can that functionality be added to the map screen somehow? it is a bit of a pain to change sources. I would love to have that in my Mustang.

That would be easy to do if I can get into the UI of the main/Av section, but unfortunately that is not possible right now :(

Abb, the 'Add to Favorite' button on the route menu looks like a good idea. I am not really familar with the Route Menu since I haven't used it much. I normally pick a Destination from the main screen and then I just follow the directions. But I have been trying different items while driving to/from work. The other day I tried the Plan Menu and this seemed to work for finding destinations. It would be nice if a "Add to Favorite" was added to that map screen. Maybe you are not planning to navigate to this location immediately and just want it added for future use.

By the way, I noticed that the screens you post on line have a dark (or nighttime) background, I would recommend viewing them with a daytime background also, because sometimes the menus options blend into the background.