AVIC411.com

Abb's Chrome NAV Mod V3.25 - Aug 30th '10

Abb, don't know if you were the one to modify the iPod screen, but the colors are not working with the text. Sorry about the quality of the photo, but you can see below that the ablum/song information is white text on a whitish background. Also, can the large graphic on the right be changed? I think a larger version of the album artwork would look better here. Can't the ablum artwork be shown here and the other information shown elsewhere? Finally at the top right hand side of the screen you seen the Equalizer button and the Function button. These are on all the AV pages and I don't know if this is hard coded or something that can be changed. Graphics are great, but the text interferes with the graphic. I think the graphics are good enough and the text is redundant. :D

post-46796-12872763336813_thumb.jpg

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First I noted that when I turned off the "your speed" sign from the display, the "MPH" label remains on the screen. I also noticed that, as with the Diaftia mods, during navigation I normally keep voice directions turned off, however after ending a phone call, the voice directions are back on.

Yes, I know that. The turning off your speed sign was from Diaftias mod prior when nobody wanted that big clunky speed sign covering the screen. That is why I have made it as a text, so that it would look better. I was going to remove that option, but nobody (until now ) has ever bothered to turn it off, so I wasn't to worried about it. The reason that there the unit sign remanes is that it went under a seperate script as I had to make the units smaller than the numbers and this was the only way to do that

Understand. Funny thing was I didn't really see the need for a sign showing the speed your driving. You are in a car with a speedometer. However, I figured it was more for programming, since people are programming/testing in their house and don't have a speedometer it needs to be displayed on the screen. Anyway, it would be nice not to have the labels.

Is the VR working on the Nav screen or is this still a problem? I rarely use it because too often it made mistakes and I don't want to call the wrong person, but I am just wondering.

I'm sorry that this might be off topic a little, but wanted to clarify the VR issue and my use of it under Chrome NAV.

There has been a lot of discussion on the VR. I use VR a lot on my system for calling people, not for iPod and song selection. For the most part it works. It worked better with the original Pioneer programming. When I addd Diaftia's mod, the VR started to have some problems.

With the original system and all modifications after, VR would always ask me to repeat a name. However, either it would learn what I wanted or I would pronounce the name better and it would reconize what I was saying. About 40% or less of the time I will have to cancel dialing due to a wrong name; "Ray" and "Jay" would be difficult at times. When I loaded Diaftia's mod, I had a few issues after pressing the center of the volume button. There were times where the system just ignored the fact that I wanted to use VR (other times the station would change). Most of the time, it was just a delay issue. I would have to wait about 10 seconds before the system would "wake up" and respond. Once Chrome was added, it "seems" to have gotten a little worst. There is a significate pause in response from the system, and about 50% of the time the system ignors me. VR worked about the same as before. But I am persistant and continue to push the button. I agree with an earlier post that this is probably a memory/resource issue. However, I am still attempting to find a common occurance.

I have not tried to dial any POI yet. I don't trust the numbers provided. In fact, I haven't done much with POIs yet.

Abb, the 'Add to Favorite' button on the route menu looks like a good idea. I am not really familar with the Route Menu since I haven't used it much.

The 'Route Menu' is the menu that you would pick after you have chosen a destination. It gives you the opportunity to save the route, use multi route to check out different options of the final destination, gives you a fuel calculator so that you can find out how much fuel it will cost you to get to your destination, as well as gives you the opoortunity to simulate your route so that you can visually inspect it before actually travelling it. This is great for going into unchartered territory that is unfamiliar, and now you can add the route to your favorites as well. This mod has an incredible amount of options, that you really should explore.

Abb, don't know if you were the one to modify the iPod screen, but the colors are not working with the text. Sorry about the quality of the photo, but you can see below that the ablum/song information is white text on a whitish background. Also, can the large graphic on the right be changed? I think a larger version of the album artwork would look better here. Can't the ablum artwork be shown here and the other information shown elsewhere? Finally at the top right hand side of the screen you seen the Equalizer button and the Function button. These are on all the AV pages and I don't know if this is hard coded or something that can be changed. Graphics are great, but the text interferes with the graphic. I think the graphics are good enough and the text is redundant. :D

post-32106-1287276334089_thumb.jpg

post-32106-12872763342035_thumb.jpg

post-32106-12872763342574_thumb.jpg

post-32106-12872763343295_thumb.jpg

Is the VR working on the Nav screen or is this still a problem? I rarely use it because too often it made mistakes and I don't want to call the wrong person, but I am just wondering.

I'm sorry that this might be off topic a little, but wanted to clarify the VR issue and my use of it under Chrome NAV.

There has been a lot of discussion on the VR. I use VR a lot on my system for calling people, not for iPod and song selection. For the most part it works. It worked better with the original Pioneer programming. When I addd Diaftia's mod, the VR started to have some problems.

With the original system and all modifications after, VR would always ask me to repeat a name. However, either it would learn what I wanted or I would pronounce the name better and it would reconize what I was saying. About 40% or less of the time I will have to cancel dialing due to a wrong name; "Ray" and "Jay" would be difficult at times. When I loaded Diaftia's mod, I had a few issues after pressing the center of the volume button. There were times where the system just ignored the fact that I wanted to use VR (other times the station would change). Most of the time, it was just a delay issue. I would have to wait about 10 seconds before the system would "wake up" and respond. Once Chrome was added, it "seems" to have gotten a little worst. There is a significate pause in response from the system, and about 50% of the time the system ignors me. VR worked about the same as before. But I am persistant and continue to push the button. I agree with an earlier post that this is probably a memory/resource issue. However, I am still attempting to find a common occurance.

I have not tried to dial any POI yet. I don't trust the numbers provided. In fact, I haven't done much with POIs yet.

Thanks for the response. I had read through the whole thread and some had reported that VR did not work at all, that is why I asked. Your info is good to know. As I stated I rarely use it because I would say something like Call Paul and it would want to call Mom. I have no problem talking to my mom but not when I am trying to call Paul.

Anyway, thanks again.

I'm OK with the new colors on the IPOD screen, but they are sometimes hard to read.

The one that does bug me that I use daily though is the POI search screen with the keyboard. It's pretty hard to see the text you have typed on that one with the new theme and the white fade across the center, but I deal because the rest of the mod is so awesome. If there is a way to turn off the fade just for that page, I'd be forever grateful.

Love it too. Abb but, like the others have stated, the white text is hard to see. Especially in my Toy pickup where the unit is already facing a few degrees down :( How about a different color font for us "challenged" folks?

Thanx!

Bud

The text color cannot be changed as it is in the UI of the AV section which we do not have access to. The only thing that can be changed other than the NAV section is the images, not the text or image locations. Look again at the ipod image as I have made a slight adjustment

All these changes will be in a new mod when it is completed as an 'all in one' with the new AV/MAIN' section and the NAV mod with the new features and slightly better graphics. This will all be in one download with instructions on folder location for the files.

I'm OK with the new colors on the IPOD screen, but they are sometimes hard to read.

The one that does bug me that I use daily though is the POI search screen with the keyboard. It's pretty hard to see the text you have typed on that one with the new theme and the white fade across the center, but I deal because the rest of the mod is so awesome. If there is a way to turn off the fade just for that page, I'd be forever grateful.

I have made the white fade darker for the next release, so that should help

post-32106-1287276334427_thumb.jpg

Abb, I like the Key Board revision. I'm not sure I had any issues before, but this looks good. Regarding the iPod screen, the revision looks good also. However, I have an idea but not sure if its possible. I'm not sure how I will do it, but I was going to try an mock something up this weekend. Maybe you will like. Otherwise love your stuff.

Two items: the first is with the physical Map button on the face of the deck. If you are in the Main Menu or the Route Menu, the Map button doesn't work. You need to use the green arrow, which sometimes takes you back one menu screen at a time but other times takes you all the way back to the Map. (Is that clear? :? ) I could give an example, but I will have to go down to the car and write down the steps. My question is, can you program it so that the physical Map button always brings up the Map Screen?

Second item. I don't want to start up an old issue between you and Chuck88 8) , but unless I'm using the Nav system to find a destination, I leave the system so that you can see the skyline (basicly your standard set up). However, when I am navigating to a destination I will sometimes turn on the smartzoom to provide more information while driving through the City where there are numerous ramps and street. I like how it will give more of a overhead view. So, my thought was; :?: Can you change the selection for smart zoom to On/While Navigating/Off instead of just On or Off? As I posted earlier, I think this would be great with the house addresses also since normally that information isn't needed unless your looking for a particular destination.

Thanks,

Two items: the first is with the physical Map button on the face of the deck. If you are in the Main Menu or the Route Menu, the Map button doesn't work. You need to use the green arrow, which sometimes takes you back one menu screen at a time but other times takes you all the way back to the Map. (Is that clear? :? ) I could give an example, but I will have to go down to the car and write down the steps. My question is, can you program it so that the physical Map button always brings up the Map Screen?

No, you cannot do that. The reason that the map button does not work is because it is already on map. The menus are just layers over the original map

Second item. I don't want to start up an old issue between you and Chuck88 8) , but unless I'm using the Nav system to find a destination, I leave the system so that you can see the skyline (basicly your standard set up). However, when I am navigating to a destination I will sometimes turn on the smartzoom to provide more information while driving through the City where there are numerous ramps and street. I like how it will give more of a overhead view. So, my thought was; :?: Can you change the selection for smart zoom to On/While Navigating/Off instead of just On or Off? As I posted earlier, I think this would be great with the house addresses also since normally that information isn't needed unless your looking for a particular destination.

Thanks,

Sorry, like I told Chuck, I dont support smartzoom and never will because I dont use it, and I dont like it. Feel free to alter the smartzoom settings any way you feel fit. I tried playing around with it and no matter what the outcome, I didn't like it. Try using my 2.75 mod. It is not nearly as feature rich as this one, but Chuck seems to like the smartzoom in it.

I have made the white fade darker for the next release, so that should help

That looks awesome thank you. :D

No problem, any recomendations that are do-able are always appreciated, because some of the functions I dont always use that often, so I dont realize the need for improvement.