AVIC411.com

Speedometer wacky & air bag light on 07 Santa Fe

I had a AVIC-F90 in my truck (2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited) for a year and a half no problems, bypassed and moded.

I sold the F90 to my brother and got a x710bt. Here's my issue.

After installation, the air bag light was on right away, and now the speedometer works when it feels like it, but bounces all over the place. Anyone ran into this?

I also Have read around this forum to dissconnect the blue/white wires for the antenna adapter for hyundai, I only have the Red/Yellow/Black wires connected on that harness. I use amplified power for all speakers in the car...

any ideas! I'm pulling my hair out!!!

Never worked on a Hyundai but is their any airbag lights or switches that are in the dash that you could have left unplugged when you were doing the radio swap? On the speedo you could try unhooking the speed signal wire from the radio and see if the speedo works right. Maybe you got the wrong wire and its killing the vehicle speed signal?

Never worked on a Hyundai but is their any airbag lights or switches that are in the dash that you could have left unplugged when you were doing the radio swap? On the speedo you could try unhooking the speed signal wire from the radio and see if the speedo works right. Maybe you got the wrong wire and its killing the vehicle speed signal?

There is an airbag light, but i'm checked it a million times, also, I do not use the speed sense wire in this truck, using the GPS alone. Only the Red, Yellow, Black are hooked up on the factory harness, the attenna wire was hooked up, but i'm since capped it off. So i'm lost on this...

thanks for the reply!

is their any airbag lights or switches that are in the dash that you could have left unplugged
There is an airbag light, but i'm checked it a million times
with some cars, if the harness wasn't plugged in all the way or if the ignition was turned on while it was unplugged (like to move the shifter for ex) the code will remain stored (airbag light on) until the computer is reset, to reset the computer, disconnect the battery for at least an hour (or overnight to make sure) some cars will need to be hooked up to a computer to be reset (dealer)

most cars will tell you the air bag code right after starting the car, the code will blink out from the air bag light, for instance if the light flashes 2 times then pauses and then blink 4 times then repeat = 24

I don't know about other makes but Fords will not come back on if the problem is fixed. The airbag light only comes on if it has a hard fault. I have been guilty of leaving the passenger air bag indicator unplugged a ton of F150s when doing radio swaps and other items that require the trim around the radio removed.

What kind of warranty does the Santa Fe's have on them? It might still be under warranty also if it doesn't have a ton of miles on it.

i know this is an issue on tiburons.....on many harnesses that you buy to plug into the factory harness, the blue wire on that harness actually lines up with the vss wire. sending 12v from the head unit will cause the speedo to go wacky. find out what color the vss wire is in the car, and make sure nothing is connected to that.

i know this is an issue on tiburons.....on many harnesses that you buy to plug into the factory harness, the blue wire on that harness actually lines up with the vss wire. sending 12v from the head unit will cause the speedo to go wacky.

if this is the case, damage could have been done to the ECM or BCM