AVIC411.com

Frequent low battery message

Hey everyone,

I seem to get the "Low battery, shutting down system" message often when I connect my unit to the dash. I realize it doesnt really matter about a low battery since the unit will be connected and it should be charging while it's in use. I do have the latest firmware which sure improved the unit overall.

When I check the battery level with the unit detached, it always seems to be around 3/4 full or full. Sometimes I will take the unit and let it charge with the USB cable connected to my computer. It just seems silly to have to do because essentially it should be charging / charged if I use it in my car everyday. I do have the faceplate's switch is set to off, so when it's detached, it's not on.

This is more of an annoyance than anything, but has anyone else experienced this or have any ideas? Thanks

Hey everyone,

I seem to get the "Low battery, shutting down system" message often when I connect my unit to the dash. I realize it doesnt really matter about a low battery since the unit will be connected and it should be charging while it's in use. I do have the latest firmware which sure improved the unit overall.

When I check the battery level with the unit detached, it always seems to be around 3/4 full or full. Sometimes I will take the unit and let it charge with the USB cable connected to my computer. It just seems silly to have to do because essentially it should be charging / charged if I use it in my car everyday. I do have the faceplate's switch is set to off, so when it's detached, it's not on.

This is more of an annoyance than anything, but has anyone else experienced this or have any ideas? Thanks

May be you want to calibrate the battery once? Let it rundown completely once, and charge again. Normally it is not a good idea to drain the Li-Ion or Lipo batteries, but for calibration puposes, it may be useful.

• 9 months later...