AVIC411.com

New Maps and POIs SD card available from Poineer

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I have purchased and installed the new map update. It has some new features and looks a little different. The poi undate did not work. I get a message that says "cannot be used with this version." I called Pioneer and they said it was a problem with my head unit and said I needed to send it to them. Many calls later, I talked to a tech that admitted the poi update doesn't work and they are working on a fix. Ill let you know what happens.

I have purchased and installed the new map update. It has some new features and looks a little different. The poi undate did not work. I get a message that says "cannot be used with this version." I called Pioneer and they said it was a problem with my head unit and said I needed to send it to them. Many calls later, I talked to a tech that admitted the poi update doesn't work and they are working on a fix. Ill let you know what happens.

Yikes, that's pretty disappointing. Hopefully they can get this fixed soon. Please do let us know when/how the problem gets resolved.

I purchased the update and installed it on 8/27. Called Pioneer support on 8/30 and they still have no fix for the POI update. Map update seemed to work but no POI update.

Please post new info if anyone learns more. Waste of $120 if you ask me without the POIs. That was my only reason for buying the update since it pretty much had none originally.