AVIC411.com

New Maps and POIs SD card available from Poineer

Hopefully.. I'm wondering if the relay method would work.

I've also found that it doesn't entirely block all items from the navigation and phone menu. It seems to only block items that require inputting, such as entering addresses or using the dialpad. So it's not entirely unusable. You can still access your destination history, favorite addresses, phone contacts, recieved and dialed numbers.. while you're driving.

What about searching for POIs? I'm guessing that's a no.....

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't fully tested the POI portion while moving, but it does let you choose it, however the only option it lets you choose is "Nearby By" POIs. I haven't gone further than that. I'm assuming it will let you browse and select POIs from the catagories, but won't let you search for a specific business or place.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I just got the z120bt and installed the relay. I am getting an error saying that the park g break isn't correctly connected and now it grays out the certain areas when moving and won't allow video ... Anyone get the relay to work with this model????

I would try posting the question in the Z120BT forum. Hopefully someone will be able help you out there.

In case anyone is still wondering on an update on the POI update fix, here is the latest e-mail I've received from Pioneer...

"Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics, Inc.

The engineers are aware of this issue. They are close to coming out with a resolution. There is not ETA yet, but should be soon.

Your information has been captured under case # 280XXX. You will be notified when there is a resolution."

• 4 weeks later...

I installed the CNSD-130FM Update . . . UI is updated and the POIs are working!

First I installed the Map Update with the included 4GB SD card. I used the Device ID and the Media # included with the SD Card to get the first password from Pioneer.

Install was simple and everything worked perfectly. The new interface is excellent, BTW.

After I updated the that software, I followed the instructions from on Pioneer's Update page for the POIs. I've posted them below.

Attention: Applicable for (2) Pioneer navigation models only: AVIC-U220 or AVIC-U310BT

The following applies to the AVIC-U310BT only, AVIC-U220 owners go to step 1 below.

Do not attempt to download this POI data onto the Mapping SD Card before updating the AVIC-U310BT map software.

Once the mapping upgrade has completed, install the POI data for 2010 using a separate (1 GB Min) SD Card, not the Map SD Card.

Attempts to download the optional POI Data for 2010 on other than listed navigation models, can result in operating system failure of your navigation unit. Those units will need to be sent to Pioneer Service at the owner expense for repair.

Step 1

Download the "Optional POI data for 2010" file by clicking here. Once you have downloaded the file to your computer, locate the file on your computer and double click the file to decompress it. If you do not have a decompression utility installed on your computer, you can download WinZip at http://www.winzip.com (purchase may be required).

Step 2

Open the file and copy the "NDB" folder and "CARDINFO.CRF" file onto the root of the SD Card.

*Note: Ensure this file is located on the top layer of the SD Card.

Make sure that the SD Card follows these requirements: - Greater then 512MB.

Thankfully I had an extra SD card. After copying the files to it, I inserted it into the unit and was prompted for another password. I entered the Device ID and the POI Media # (also included in the CNSD-130FM SD card package) on Pioneer's website and got my second password. It quickly updated and I now have a ton of POIs and new categories!

Not only does it finally include a Restaurant Category, it contains all of the Restaurant Sub-Categories now (American, Chinese, Mexican, etc.)

What are the exact steps you took?

I've just tried downloading the file again from Pioneer's update page and I still get the "Cannot be used with this version" message. The link on my update page points to a file named AVIC-U220_POI.zip, which seems to be the update data for the U220. Is that the same file you've downloaded?

I've bought this card way too long ago and would be really nice to finally have the POIs working.

Thanks.

What are the exact steps you took?

I've just tried downloading the file again from Pioneer's update page and I still get the "Cannot be used with this version" message. The link on my update page points to a file named AVIC-U220_POI.zip, which seems to be the update data for the U220. Is that the same file you've downloaded?

I've bought this card way too long ago and would be really nice to finally have the POIs working.

Thanks.

I followed the steps above to a tee.

The file I downloaded was also titled AVIC-U220_POI.zip

I copied the "NDB" folder and "CARDINFO.CRF" onto a blank formatted 4GB card I had.

I used the password that Pioneer's site generated when I entered my Device ID (from the device) and Media ID (from the sheet of paper in the box titled "Media Number Card, Model# Optional POI for 2010 MAP CNSD-130FM/UC.")

Once it copied over I installed it in the device. It asked for the password and it restarted. Nothing else needed to be done after that.

Very odd... I've followed the steps on the Pioneer update page exactly also. Pioneer must have changed something on the newer cards to accept the update file (if yours was purchased recently). Hopefully they'll have a fix soon for those of us who still have the error.

Very odd... I've followed the steps on the Pioneer update page exactly also. Pioneer must have changed something on the newer cards to accept the update file (if yours was purchased recently). Hopefully they'll have a fix soon for those of us who still have the error.

Were you using a different/blank SD card for the POIs? After I installed the MAP update from the included SD card, I never used that card again.

The POIs were copied to my own blank card as instructed by Pioneer.