AVIC411.com

New Maps and POIs SD card available from Poineer

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys I emailed them about the problem and I received this answer.

Yes, there is a problem with the POI portion of the upgrade.

Yes, if you purchase the upgrade now you will be able to get the corrected POIs.

I do not have an exact ETA for the correction, we hope to have it within the next 2 weeks.

So looks like we can buy the card right now and they'll have an update for it hopefully within 2 weeks. Hope this helps guys.

I've just bought this update SD card as well for my U310BT, which includes the updated 2010 TeleAtlas maps, a system update, and (supposively) the additional 12 million POI's. Like everyone else who bought this update, the additional POI update did not work. I think the problem is they provided the wrong PIO update which was supposed to be for the U220 unit.

As for the system update, there is now a home screen, similar to the other higher end models of the AVIC series consisting of three large icons (Navigation, Phone, and Applications). There is a customizable shortcut menu which is accessible from the home menu. The entire audio portion remains unchanged. There is an added Applications menu which lets you add apps downloaded through the AVIC Feeds software, which only three apps are currently available (Image Viewer, Video Player, and a Clock app). Launching the apps does require the unit to reboot, as well as exiting from them. The Eco Drive feature has also been added, similar to the X920BT, it's suppose to calculate how economical your driving is based on how you drive.

And lastly, the parking braking bypass does *not* work anymore with the new system update, despite the connections screen showing the parking brake as ON. Portions of the navigation and phone menu will automatically be grayed out once the vehicle is in motion faster than 5-10mph. :cry:

If anyone has any updates on the PIO update, please keep us posted. Thanks.

Just got off the phone with pioneer

So the deal is they have stoppped shippment on all 130fm cards there was a programming fault from japan that wouldnt load the poi part of the card. I am in Canada and he said that is why it is not on our website for sale, they did not want to list them and then have people send them back to the U.S (there will be an update for the people who have purchased) he said by the end of october is when the cards will be ready for sale in canada with all the features that it says it has.

And lastly, the parking braking bypass does *not* work anymore with the new system update, despite the connections screen showing the parking brake as ON. Portions of the navigation and phone menu will automatically be grayed out once the vehicle is in motion faster than 5-10mph. :cry:

Wow, what douchebags. Why the hell do they go to such lengths to prevent us enjoying their product? Guess I won't be upgrading then. At least not until somebody finds a work-around.

Just got off the phone with pioneer

So the deal is they have stoppped shippment on all 130fm cards there was a programming fault from japan that wouldnt load the poi part of the card. I am in Canada and he said that is why it is not on our website for sale, they did not want to list them and then have people send them back to the U.S (there will be an update for the people who have purchased) he said by the end of october is when the cards will be ready for sale in canada with all the features that it says it has.

Thanks for the update! That's also very disappointing to hear.

Yes. Well, it allows the ability to run applications downloaded from AVIC Feeds, which includes the Video Player app. So it's not quite integrated into the system software.

Here's the link to the Video Player app if you want some more details on it..

http://www.avicfeeds.com/avicfeeds/appl ... layer.html

It's pretty picky on what video formats it can play, and specific sizes and bitrates for it to play smoothly. I've tried encoding a few video configurations for it to play smoothly, but it still occasionally skips a few frames.

Wow, what douchebags. Why the hell do they go to such lengths to prevent us enjoying their product? Guess I won't be upgrading then. At least not until somebody finds a work-around.

Hopefully one of us can come up with a bypass soon.

Odd. I have the parking brake wire grounded as well, but once I'm moving some items will get grayed out. If the video player is running, the video will pause and the screen will blank out once I start moving, and will resume again once I stop or slow down. They must have forgot to correct the bypass on the F310BT update. :)

Hopefully one of us can come up with a bypass soon.

Hopefully.. I'm wondering if the relay method would work.

I've also found that it doesn't entirely block all items from the navigation and phone menu. It seems to only block items that require inputting, such as entering addresses or using the dialpad. So it's not entirely unusable. You can still access your destination history, favorite addresses, phone contacts, recieved and dialed numbers.. while you're driving.

Hopefully.. I'm wondering if the relay method would work.

I've also found that it doesn't entirely block all items from the navigation and phone menu. It seems to only block items that require inputting, such as entering addresses or using the dialpad. So it's not entirely unusable. You can still access your destination history, favorite addresses, phone contacts, recieved and dialed numbers.. while you're driving.

That's not so bad then. Really have no interest in watching video while driving and see few times when I would need to input a new address while driving. Will it let you look up POI's?

Thanks