AVIC411.com

New Maps and POIs SD card available from Poineer

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Service Info Screen: Version 2.0001

One thing that may be unclear is that after you've installed the map/system update. You must go back to the Pioneer website to generate a new password based on Device ID and POI Media Number Card #

Ah ha! Mine says version 2.0000. Hopefully I can get Pioneer to send me an update from 2.0000 to 2.0001.

So I called Pioneer and after spending over an hour on the phone and getting shuffled from support to warranty to parts I finally got a hold of someone who could help me. The lady I talked to in their parts department said there was a problem with the update and that she would send me an update which will bring my unit to 2.0001. So if anyone else is having this problem call their parts department directly and ask for the 2.001 update.

I'll post back when I get the update.

Which is why I said it was the wrong thing. They sent me 1.0003. I needed 2.001.

Hey I'm just trying to help - don't be a jerk. I think what you are saying is that you purchased the map/system update on a SD card that resulted in system version 2.000. You asked Pioneer to send you the latest version 2.0001 and they sent you an even older version 1.0003?

Well no luck with Pioneer tech support. I talked to the parts department and they connected me to navigation which told me I had to contact warranty. The warranty department said there is nothing they can do and that I have to contact navigation, so I hung up and called parts again and tried to see if there was anyway they could get me the right update.

Because I didn't buy the update through them I can't exchange it for the correct update and the lady told me that the only thing I could do is send it in for repair on my own dime. It is completely absurd that I have to send it in for repair just to get my unit updated from 2.000 to 2.001.

I've always wondered how someone could be so upset that they would never deal with a company again, but now I understand completely. This is the worst head unit pioneer has ever released, and their support is so bad I never want to deal with them again.

Hopefully we can find someone willing to do it. Maybe send one of us it burned to a disc, and we can put it on an SD card ourselves, then send the disc to the next person in this thread having a problem. I wouldn't mind doing that.

In the meantime, could one of you who have a properly working update give me the UPC that's on the box?

The UPC on my defective update is 884938121323. Also written on the box is CZH8641-A. I am trying to see if there is a way of distinguishing which of these are bad without opening them.