AVIC411.com

New Maps and POIs SD card available from Poineer

Were you using a different/blank SD card for the POIs? After I installed the MAP update from the included SD card, I never used that card again.

The POIs were copied to my own blank card as instructed by Pioneer.

Yep. I transferred all of the contents from the AVIC-U220_POI.zip file to a completely different card.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got my update delivered from Pioneer Canada.

Installed smoothly but really did take about 20 minutes. My connected iPod continued to play throughout the update!

POIs were also added, but the SD card with the POIs has to be kept in the unit to use them. Not a biggie. I had a 2GB card available.

Haven't played with the interface that much, some things have changed, others have not.

I have the parking brake grounded but some menus do indeed disable when the vehicle is moving. I've seen mostly settings menus turn off.

I was able to choose a poi and make a phone call from my contact list. I suspect that entering an address or dialling a number no longer work while moving.

It's a bit annoying as my passenger could/should be able to enter this. But the lawyers obviously got involved. I'm glad that I didn't buy the previous poi update.

I don't feel to bad about paying for a software update, map update and additional POIs for $115.

• 3 weeks later...

Would anyone be willing to host or create a torrent of the SD card? I know that there is already a hack for the z110 and I believe that it uses the same map software. If I can get my hands on the contents of the SD card I will try my hardest to get it working for everyone.

I would also like the file. I just got the U220 unit and it claims that there is a free update for the POIs once I've registered. Well, I registered and there is nothing about it anywhere. I tried to find an email to contact Pioneer but it's broken. [http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Support/Contact]

Anyone know where I can find the file? Thanks

Pioneer just sent an email about the availability of new 2010 Maps and additional POI in single SD card.

Not sure howmany will buy this at $120, but it seems it is better option than just buying POIs for $100.

<!-- m -->http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... 130FM.Shop<!-- m -->

Did anyone notice that the instructions say the "CARDINFO.CRF" file, but the file I see has a file extension of "CIF". How about yours?

Were you using a different/blank SD card for the POIs? After I installed the MAP update from the included SD card, I never used that card again.

The POIs were copied to my own blank card as instructed by Pioneer.

Did you format the card first or was it already formated? I checked the properties on my card and it says FAT32.

I continue to get the error. You only have the one folder and the one file in the root of the SD?

Guys, what really annoying me in my U310BT is a shortage of street names on map, just a bunch of lines with very few names of major streets, especially in small towns. I am wondering if new map upgrade will improve this. Those who already installed it - do you see more street names added to map vs. old version?

Guys, what really annoying me in my U310BT is a shortage of street names on map, just a bunch of lines with very few names of major streets, especially in small towns. I am wondering if new map upgrade will improve this. Those who already installed it - do you see more street names added to map vs. old version?

No, this is still a weak spot. My old Magellan GPS had much better detail in the maps, so I don't know why these maps in the 310BT lack detail.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What are the exact steps you took?

I've just tried downloading the file again from Pioneer's update page and I still get the "Cannot be used with this version" message. The link on my update page points to a file named AVIC-U220_POI.zip, which seems to be the update data for the U220. Is that the same file you've downloaded?

I've bought this card way too long ago and would be really nice to finally have the POIs working.

Thanks.

I have the exact same problem. The only reason I bought this update was for the POIs. This is BULLSHIT! Has anyone gotten this to work?

For those of you who updated and were able to get the POIs to work, what firmware does it say you are running?

Service Info Screen: Version 2.0001

One thing that may be unclear is that after you've installed the map/system update. You must go back to the Pioneer website to generate a new password based on Device ID and POI Media Number Card #