AVIC411.com

avic-Z120bt Video/audio Dual Zone Questions

I have some questions on the Z-120bt Video/audio Dual zone.

I have headrest monitors with speakers built into them when i have a movie playing in the rear can i control the volume separate from another source playing in front.

What i want is to play a movie in the rear and listen to radio or music up front.

Also can you play a movie in the rear from the SD card or ipod. with out it playing in the front

I bought a AVH-P4200 a week ago and it does not have separate volume control for the rear output when i play a disk then set it to the rear and set the radio up front if i lower the volume the headrest monitor volume lowers so the louder i make the rear the louder the front gets and drowns out the back

and it wont play movies from a SD-card or ipod unless i have it playing in the front.

Thanks

BadBoy

The unit won't output video to the rear monitors if you're using the SD card, only iPod. It has a rear audio output for the rear monitors but don't think you can control the sound independently.

Thank for the reply anyone else know if you can control the rear output sound independently.

Thanks

BadBoy

• 1 month later...

I can't even get iPod stuff to my rear headrest monitors. I'm royally disappointed that stuff I could do with the old Z1 can't be done with the 120BT. :-( As it is now, I can only watch DirecTV on the front Z120BT in-dash monitor and on the two rear monitors, as well as a DVD movie. That is it. The rest of the time my rear passengers stare at a blank screen. They can't see the XM Radio channel/station that is playing (name of the group, song, etc.). they can't see the navigation map as we drive along the highway. They can't see any iPod information. No AM/FM information. No MSN Direct information (traffic incidents, flow, etc.). Nothing from my SD card. I have the main unit set to Mirror A/V, but it will only mirror DirecTV and DVD movies. Everything else gets a black screen. :-(

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding the lack of mirroring, do any of the competitors do this? I just got a Z120, but I was hoping to be able to mirror anything/everything to the rear monitor.

And what does it mean that you can't control the sound independently? If all the speakers play the DVD soundtrack, for instance, then what exactly does it mean that it's dual-zone? I don't see anything about dual-zone in the manual... Am I missing something?

Regarding the lack of mirroring, do any of the competitors do this? I just got a Z120, but I was hoping to be able to mirror anything/everything to the rear monitor.

And what does it mean that you can't control the sound independently? If all the speakers play the DVD soundtrack, for instance, then what exactly does it mean that it's dual-zone? I don't see anything about dual-zone in the manual... Am I missing something?

Never mind - there's a couple of threads that explain all of this pretty well...