AVIC411.com

F90BT video playback options?

I cant seem to find a list of recommended settings and formats supported by the F90BT for video playback. Anyone got a link or willing to jot down what they use?

I have a number of recorded videos on my PC from my HTPC and snapstream's BeyondTV, which I believe are AVI (DiVX) format.

They range form 700MB-1.2GB in size, which I'm sure will need to be reduced to fit better on SD cards or DVD's not to mention within the resolution of the screen.

Currently, I would use Format Factory as it's pretty simple to take a video and convert to any number of other formats.

• 1 month later...

Teiva, the problem is that you're a new user and these questions have been answered in nauseum. Youre better of doing some reading around instead of jumping right in and asking questions as most simply won't reply to this type of topic...again. It was play just about anything you put in it, you just need to know how. Open up a browser that can do tabs well, start browsing down the list of replies and just start opening multiple windows. If you've got questions beyond that, revive a thread instead of starting a new topic...keep the house clean.

Ah thank you for replying to a thread more than a month old. I know how to search, it's not well documented for this particular topic I've asked.

And I'm not new here, I'm quite capable of using new modded images, updating my maps, etc. Just because I dont have a high post count here, doesnt mean I'm some n00b. Whats documented here, is done well already with enough guides. Just not video playpack.

Thanks for bumping something you could have plain just left alone to die.

FYI.. I've tried various file formats, and it just simply doesnt play at all, or just the audio, or skipped audio. I have yet to try a DVD, but I dont think I ever will at this point. I'll just plug something into the AV ports via my MP3 player.

Month old thread or not, this subforum doesn't have a lot of movement. It was on the first page, I don't look at dates, and I replied. These decks are OLD and have been out for YEARS, so yes, It HAS been written about countless times. Great that you can do those things to your deck as I have as well. Sure, your post count isn't high, but it's an easy way to gauge someones activity, so no need to get offended.

I replied because it didn't have responses, so I was attempting to help you by telling that the information is there because I've looked for the same thing myself when I was also discussing options between SD, HD and iPod options since I don't have an iPod. Even with optimized file conversion settings and file types (the few times that I've doen it, but I've gotten from here), the SD card can sometimes still playback choppy video, my PAC is delayed and overreactive to single inputs, some videos don't fill the screen as I'd hoped, but they all play regardless.

FYI - Every movie I've either downloaded via eMule/www.sharethefiles.com or ripped from a DVD using Fair Use 2 they play just as I mentioned above. I've played DVD's, but I'm not about to go buy more. I've considered buying an iPod since basically everyone says that's the easiest way to go, but in the meantime I'm waiting till dev's for my phone get the TV Out option working so I can stream music, watch videos, navi, etc and have what's displayed on my phone also show on my stereo.

PS - Next time I see one of your threads go unanswered, I'll let your thread die off...per your request.

If you have a fairly recent version of Windows on a PC at home and a DVD burner, just go buy a DVD-RW and create a DVD with whatever you want to watch.

I basically do this for TV shows that are recorded in my Win7 Media Center; it records them, then I load up Windows DVD Maker and select the files and say "Burn." Lather, rinse, repeat when you're done watching what you burned.

That's it, and I'm watching TV in my car. I know that this also works for DivX formatted files, as I have had to obtain a few episodes from torrent sites that my Media Center didn't record for one reason or another.

• 2 months later...

my first post but I have researched quite a bit....... unless you are using an iPod you need to burn a DVD. I have tried the SD route 100 times with barely any luck.... though I have created DVDs with menus, different audio options etc and have some great luck...... if you find a better option let me know ;D

Teiva, the problem is that you're a new user and these questions have been answered in nauseum. Youre better of doing some reading around instead of jumping right in and asking questions as most simply won't reply to this type of topic...again. It was play just about anything you put in it, you just need to know how. Open up a browser that can do tabs well, start browsing down the list of replies and just start opening multiple windows. If you've got questions beyond that, revive a thread instead of starting a new topic...keep the house clean.

Very good James, Im proud of you. You've come a long way. :grin: