AVIC411.com

AVH-P3200BT How-to create preset dial list

I'm trying to input the 6 phone numbers in the preset dial list but can't figure out how to. Page 48 in the operation manual tells you how to dial them (duh) but not input them, and page 24 directs you to page 48. I've tried manually dialing the number like Vblue suggests for another model, but there's no way to link it to the preset dial list. The tools menu offers no link, nor the phonebook menu. Am I missing something?

One more question, I'm using the 8 speaker leads (high-power) in the harness for my 4 speakers. If I want to install an amp and sub can I still use the rear RCA output for that. I was concerned using the rear RCA for a amp/sub might steal the signal for my rear speakers in the harness. The manual says the rear RCA output will power a sub without an amp, but will that output send a line line signal for an amp? I know the output signal strenght is adjustable, along with the frequency coutoff and subsonic filter, but is it selectable as a line-level?

Thanks for the great wealth of information here, it's been really helpful. And I'm sure I'll be back posting when I start installing my girlfriend's AVIC X920BT, but I got a great jump on it using this site already!

One more question, I'm using the 8 speaker leads (high-power) in the harness for my 4 speakers. If I want to install an amp and sub can I still use the rear RCA output for that.

yes, but does the system no have a sub pre out, you will want to use a sub out if possible so you can gain control of the level independently of the rear channels

I was concerned using the rear RCA for a amp/sub might steal the signal for my rear speakers in the harness.
it wont steal any thing from those speakers, it will just give an amp the exact same signal that the internal amp gets for those channels

The manual says the rear RCA output will power a sub without an amp
i think you mis read that part, because the RCA pre outs will definitely NOT drive any speaker

but will that output send a line line signal for an amp?

that is what it does

Thanks 1Loudls, I swear I read this somewhere but now I can't find it in the Installation or operation manual. I even thought I confirmed it (rear RCA's and no sub) before the install, but after reading them again, I must have dreamed it. Apparently there is a separate sub output at line-level output. Sorry for the confusion, I just hope it's not long term :oops:

I finally got an answer from Pioneer on the presets, it's a function of the Bluetooth download. Apparently it downloads your preset list from your phone, which it did not do on mine. Thanks again for the help.

• 1 month later...
...OR you can set them on the unit itself.

Go into phone book and tap on a name as if you were going to dial it

When the phone number is displayed with the call/drop options, tap and hold on the number for around 2 seconds.

The number will be added to the next available slot on the preset list.

Cool! I was hoping that would work. Thanks. I am pretty happy with this unit, I like it better than my old AVIC-F900BT.