AVIC411.com

Screen Sensitivity and Shuffle All

Hey all,

Did purchased and completed the Z120 upgrade and for the most part I do like what I see. The ipod control screen is much better and the navigation of it is great. here is my super short list of complaints that i hope everyone can help me solve:

1: No "shuffle all" button. I used the shuffle all button quite often when im sure what im in the mood to listen to.

2: Screen sensitivity: Is there any way to make the screen less sensitive? I often make selections I dont mean to when im trying to scroll up or down (especially on the ipod screen).

Thanks in advance.

Trent

You could use the voice command button and say "shuffle play my music".

That's what I do.... although I just say "Shuffle Play"...

You can calibrate the screen, although I don't expect it to help you with your issue.... It may be one of those things that you have to adjust on your part.... Maybe try to get use to putting your finger on it and holding it there for a sec... Otherwise, when you put your finger on the screen and lift up, it considers it as a "click"...<---if that makes sense...

• 3 weeks later...

I thought Shuffle button with the music note on it was the "Shuffle All" button. I just read the manual and it says that "plays back songs in random order within the selected list". What list could it be referring to?

Typically when I switch from playing one album (not shuffled) to this Shuffle All option (as well as the random album option) I see the total number of songs jump to the actual total of songs on my ipod, not some shortened list

this is a little off topic, but regarding the shuffle feature. I find it irritating that I need to enable the Shuffle every time I turn the unit on. It makes sense to me that the feature would still be enabled if I leave it in Shuffle mode when I turn it or my car off. My old iSimple ipod adapter did this just fine with my stock radio (Shaker 500), however, now thinking about it, it didn't have any on-screen controls. The control was done on the ipod.

I find it irritating that I need to enable the Shuffle every time I turn the unit on. It makes sense to me that the feature would still be enabled if I leave it in Shuffle mode when I turn it or my car off. My old iSimple ipod adapter did this just fine with my stock radio (Shaker 500), however, now thinking about it, it didn't have any on-screen controls. The control was done on the ipod.

Mine keeps the music in "shuffle all" mode.... Of course, the only time I take my IPod out, is when I need to sync new music....

Maybe try to set shuffle all on the IPod itself, then hook it up to the Avic...<--at least... that's what I do...

On my way home from work this morning, I forgot to press that button and it wen to the second song, appearing to have shuffled, though the indicator said the shuffle was off. Very strange.

I do the same thing with my ipod, it stays connected unless I have new music to add to it.

I'll take another look at it this afternoon and try that out (shuffle on the ipod) if needed.

Thanks.