AVIC411.com

Question re adjusting volume of phone call

I upgraded from a D3 to the X920BT a few days ago. On my D3, when I was on a phone call, I could adjust the volume of the call via the rotary volume knob on the unit (which, in turn, allowed me to adjust the volume using my steering wheel radio controls because I have a PAC SWI-PS). WIth the 920, I see that there is a special pop-up on the LCD with volume icons for the call volume, which do not appear to be linked to the main volume buttons on the unit. So, if I want to adjust the volume of a call on the 920, I can't use the steering wheel volume controls, and instead have to reach over to the LCD and do multiple button presses, which is quite difficult.

Am I correct about this? Is there a workaround so I can adjust the call volume via my steering wheel controls?

no way around it, that is just the way it is, if you think that it is difficult now just wait until one of the time that the level it way too loud and the volume buttons dont pop up at all until the call it done, now thats a pain in the ass (you might be lucky and they might have addressed this by now)