AVIC411.com

There a way to have earlier turn notifications - navigation?

This was never an issue with my F700BT, but for some reason when driving along with a route calculated, I don't get notification of my next turn until only 0.5 miles away from the actual turn. This can prove to be an annoyance. It'd be nice to know a lot earlier which direction I'm supposed to turn...

Is there an option/setting/tweak for this I'm missing?

Thanks!

Well maybe you haven't used the navi enough to make that determination yet but the general consensus around this forum for a while now has been that Pioneer took a huge step backwards with the navi on the Z compared to the previous F/X series.

Well maybe you haven't used the navi enough to make that determination yet but the general consensus around this forum for a while now has been that Pioneer took a huge step backwards with the navi on the Z compared to the previous F/X series.

Well, it's still not perfect, but the other additions to the units make them infinitely more usable on a daily basis.

And I've not seen this consensus anywhere but in your post. :)

• 4 months later...

I know this is an old thread but I wanted to reply and say what I do to get around this.

2 Things:

1) At any point you can tap on the distance to next turn located in the upper left hand of the display. That will call out the next turn.

2) Rely on the red line if possible. For the most part on local trips I glance at the red line and can get a general idea of if my upcoming turn is left or right. This one is prone to error though.