AVIC411.com

Quick question about 2010 POI Updates w/ CNSD install..

I was creating my password to start my CNSD install and on that same screen it ask me if I wanted to download the POI update. The instructions for it are:

Open the file and copy the "NDB" folder and "CARDINFO.CRF" file onto the root of the SD Card.

*Note: Ensure this file is located on the top layer of the SD Card.

Make sure that the SD Card follows these requirements: - Greater then 512MB.

Are they telling me to go ahead and put this on the CNSD SD card or just on any SD card and do the update later? LIttle confused.

Edit: Hmm I'm thinking any SD card is fine....it's just confusing because they stated "the" SD card like the one they just sent me for the upgrade. But then they tell you the card needs to be a certain size. After looking at the SD card they sent me it's in the locked position and I'm sure they would have told me to unlock it to copy files over.

Well off to my 3 hour install....cannot believe this upgrade takes 3 HOURS!

Thanks

Looks like the update might not be 3 hours. When I just started it the install said 22 minutes left...

I think those instructions on their site are for a different model but the instructions are the same...so hopefully it will be done in 22 minutes and not 3 hours.

They responded to me:

Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics, Inc.

The POI download doesn't apply to this unit, it only applies to the AVIC-U220 add-on navigation for AV systems. The CNSD-110FM have the POI updates on it already.

Thank You,

Oliver

Customer Service Representative