AVIC411.com

X920BT Install- Brake Light Stays On

Hey Guys,

I've been reading around on here for awhile, and had a quick question:

I installed my new X920BT this weekend and my Parking Brake Light (On the Dash) is stuck on. I definitely did not ground the car's parking brake wire. I did, however, perform the bypass (correctly).

Here are my only thoughts: By grounding the radio's parking brake sensor the radio thinks the parking brake is engaged. The car now thinks the parking brake is engaged (even though it is not). Is there anything in the radio that could relay that message to the car.

FYI: I have a 2000 Eddie Bauer Explorer (if that helps) and the x920bt is amazing!!!

If you did the parking brake bypass mod, then you should not have even touched the car's parking brake switch.

Searching through this forum, the only individuals who had the same problem as me either:

A.) Attached their unit's parking brake wire to the car's parking wire and then grounded it for the bypass

or

B.) Ground the car's parking brake wire attempting to do the bypass

I never went near my car's parking brake wire, so that's why I'm thrown off as neither of these scenarios apply to me.

Is there anything in the radio that could relay that message to the car.

No. You have an install error. Recheck your connections.

Clearly, I have an install error. And the obvious solution is to recheck my connections (but that solution/response provides absolutely no insight to the specific problem at hand). I'm looking for a cause to this effect, so it can be prevented for others down the road or easily solved if they happen to come across the same issue. As a starting point, if there's anyone who has either encountered this problem themselves or knows what interactions between the radio and the car could cause this (without going near the car's parking brake wire) please let me know. Thanks again!

Well I was trying not to be so blunt but here goes. We can only assume sense we cant be there to point to where you messed up. I would say the only thing that could cause the problem that you are having is that you HAVE in fact done something with the car's parking brake wire. You certainly wouldn't be the first one on this site to swear they didn't do something that upon further observations realized that they did.