AVIC411.com

X920BT - Finished install with no IPhone sound

So I just finished installing my new AVIC-X920BT and only the following works: FM, AM, Bluetooth, Bluetooth Audio w/Iphone 4, CD Audio, and GPS.

I have not been able to get my IPhone to work. I have the cable connected and the display shows the current song but no sound. I am able to play audio via Bluetooth audio. I also tried Pandora Link and it shows a song playing but no sound.

Car: 2005 VW GTI

IPhone 4 with latest firmware

Please help me out. Bypass has been done also.

Which cable do you have connected to the phone from the unit?

I tried the original iphone cable and it still didnt work. I can see the phone charging but no sound during audio play. The cable from the unit to the iphone is the original cable that came with the radio. It has the aux and usb connection.

The cable from the phone wont work. Make sure you have the AV1 input on the unit set to iPod. Also, when did the 920 start shipping with the ipod cable?

Wait I'm confused. Theres a black cable that came with the unit that allows a usb connection and an aux connection. So youre telling me that if I plug the iphone cable (the one that came with the phone) into that usb connection, it wont work?

The iphone cable is my own cable.

What cable? You mean the one thats hard wired into the unit? That is what the IU50V cable plugs into.

X920BT doesn't have a hard-wired USB like the F-series, it has a huge USB and Mini-jack cable harness.

You still need to use an additional IU50v cable for an ipod/iphone, and it's show clearly in the install manual.