AVIC411.com

Will a TOGGLE SWITCH work on x920bt?

I just ordered my x920bt and talked to the guy who I was going to have install it. He works at best buy and said that he would be able to do the bypass (not suppose to though obviously) with a toggle switch that he prefers to do. I tried telling him that the bypass was actually very easy to do and tried explaining it to him but he said that he would do the toggle switch and it should work fine. I'm kinda nervous though, WILL THIS WORK??? SHOULD I LET HIM??? WILL EVERYTHING BE ACCESSIABLE AND HACKED WITH THE TOGGLE SWITCH??? When I talk to him again I'm gonna show him some links here and maybe a video on youtube to try to persuade him. Any thoughts on this would be great, THANKS!

He needs to follow the instructions on this site or don't have him do it at all. This forum is full of stories of installers doing their own thing with the bypass and having it not work. A toggle switch can be integrated into the bypass but it is completely unnecessary. If you have no use for one, tell him to do the bypass as instructed on this site.

Its going in a 2004 Santa Fe. I was thinking of just doing it myself and then giving it to him and install it and tell him forget the dumb switch. But if i do the bypass it will probably void the warranty...so wont the switch keep the warranty? (or i guess if it was ever broke i could just get a new harness conector from pioneer right? And then return it? So warranty would be fine i think) I actually hacked my N2 along time ago and sent it to pioneer to be fixed and they actually FIXED it but took out the hack. At least this new hack doesnt mess with the HU itself.