AVIC411.com

How do the F and X series assign folder numbers to music folders on the SD card?

In my F-series w/X-series FW, it lists the folders correctly in "List" view. But, when skipping through the folders, it does it in a different order based on Folder Number, which is different from the alphabetical order.

Does anybody know what criteria it uses to assign the number, and if there is a way to manually change it to correspond to the alphabetical order?

(Checking the SD card in Win7, I don't see any numbers assigned to folders in their properties.)

Thanks.

UPDATE:

Thinking that the AVIC assigned folder numbers based on created and/or modified dates, I used a file/folder properties utility to change all of the folders' created/modified dates to be the same. I assumed that the AVIC would then look to alphabetical data to order the folders. No such luck.

So, to repeat my original question:

Does anybody know how the AVIC assigns numbers to the folders on the SD Card? The top level is #1. I can understand that. But, the rest seem to have no rhyme or reason, now that all of the folder created/modified dates are identical.

Could there be a data file somewhere that stores the folder info that doesn't change even if the folder properties do? Or, does it go by some unknown or hidden Windows property of the folders? Or, something else that might be user configurable?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.