AVIC411.com

Question Regarding Something Im not sure about.

Im looking at a new indash unit and i dont really need Nav but i was looking at the AVH-P6000DVD which isnt supported on this forum but i figured i would ask anyway. its got everything i basically need so I'm really looking into it. but i saw guys on youtube in Russia hacking some of these with a Mircom M500 is a Russian based Nav Unit and stuff thats stand alone and uses the HU as a monitor/touchscreen whatever.. I THINK!! but i was looking to a was to do this with an american model but im not sure if the P6000 even has an OS i came from a Z1 and i know they all do and stuff im not even sure what they use probably windows Mobile or something but i was wondering if anyone else had an input in this. does someone know if this unit has a OS of Windows CE or something of that nature or would i have to get a separate CPU and use the HU as a touchscreen ( have one problem if i have to go this route) I dunno what kinda Stand Alone unit i can get to use the HU screen Any Help Would Be Very Helpful...Sorry been out of the loop for a couple years no and not sure what has or hasn't changed

will you really save any money buy rigging up a stand alone gps model vs. buying a unit with a integrated GPS? i can bet that the interface alone would work much better if the gps was designed by the company that also build the touch screen interface