AVIC411.com

v4.0 Firmware

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What are the differences other than updated maps? If there is no real difference in speed or updated interface for the AVIC then what will be the point of fixing something that isn't broken?

Honestly the only thing that does need fixing is the parrot bluetooth which they won't ever fix or release. The phone software is terrible and the colorful icons don't help, honestly they should of included a list view than vs a grid view and if the grid view was available why couldn't they add photo support?

I can tell you why honestly, because they used the cheapest hardware to get this device to the market with horribly low memory and poor performance. The device should of at least been a 1ghz processor with 2GB of ram with full powered usb and to make things easier for everyone just install DSL (Damn small linux) on it running a version of iGo 8.3 or Garmin mobile and with VLC as a backend for running video and audio with possibly some GPU acceleration.

But instead a 600mhz shared internal storage ram and windows ce 5.0 and the device struggles through just about every process especially when a bluetooth is activated. For such a device not even bluetooth audio is provided and had gone with the crap old version of parrot instead of the one that was out with plenty of support.

Damn do I hate Pioneer for what they did to this unit....

Yet, this is the ONLY device on the market today that is capable of modding the interface. My Nav unit right now with all my mods is UNTOUCHED in features and in graphics to anything that is on the market today, and believe me I have looked because if there is a unit that looks and fuctions better than what I have done with it, I will buy it in a heartbeat. Trust me though, I have looked!

Yet, this is the ONLY device on the market today that is capable of modding the interface. My Nav unit right now with all my mods is UNTOUCHED in features and in graphics to anything that is on the market today, and believe me I have looked because if there is a unit that looks and fuctions better than what I have done with it, I will buy it in a heartbeat. Trust me though, I have looked!

I been wanting to just build my own unit but with the same dimensions as the AVIC, so far though I have other things to take care of in the time being but since iGo 8.3 exists in different variants I know this kind of project can be done.

I was looking at the following: http://www.mini-itx.com/store/?c=39

I don't exactly know how big the dimensions are for the mini-itx but the smaller the main board the better, in terms of space but if a mini-itx board can fit in that same space as an avic then I can see better results to what can be installed.

The project was simply installing a Windows 7 base OS but this in general is because I want to the Zune support for it. But there are projects that exist such as http://wiki.openice.org/index.php?title=Main_Page which are linux variants that can run on lighter systems with lesser load. Either way I am done buying name brand nav systems, I am just going to design my own. For the nav system though I was thinking of just installing a EDGE/HSPA card where all I do is install a SIM from a GSM carrier and use that as the car phone with it's own number or make it easy to simply swap the SIM and be done with it and the need for bluetooth is gone for me at least. With a data card and the capabilities of a computer since it will have access to the internet running a java based version of Google Maps such as in a cellphone or Bing Maps I can have free GPS Navigation that updates on the fly as I drive.

Of course coverage of your carrier will defenitely effect that coverage and same with speed of the network, but I still wanted to try the idea because that way I don't need to pay for map updates every year at all. The rest is simply adding functionality. Installing a high quality video card on to these tiny boards with sub out can also bring out that high quality audio that is expected from such units as well.

I am just posting this up in hopes that by the time I come back from Afghanistan that someone has already started up on something like that, either way I am just doing some wishful thinking.

I was looking at the following: http://www.mini-itx.com/store/?c=39

I don't exactly know how big the dimensions are for the mini-itx but the smaller the main board the better, in terms of space but if a mini-itx board can fit in that same space as an avic then I can see better results to what can be installed.

You might be better off going Pico-ITX if you want it to fit behind the screen in a double-DIN setup. My Micro-ITX mainboard was just a touch wider than the AVIC F90BT on my desk, so I don't expect it wouldn't fit inside a standard double-DIN enclosure. For existing in-dash projects you should reference the forums at http://www.mp3car.com/, I've seen a few drool-worthy posts there.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i have version 4.0 from my AVIC F500bt (Australian Model)

it has a newer build of ezrider.exe (8.3.2.139336)

i think we need to get this latest build hacked!

who can do this and i will send it to you....

Can any one help with this?...Is there anyone out there that still Mods these?...it would be nice to have 4.0 even if its stock..