AVIC411.com

Non-touch replacement for AVIC-90DVD

I have an AVIC-90DVD nav unit in my car that is connected to an AVH-P7490DVD system (which has an AVX-P300DVD head unit) via the IP-BUS interface. The AVIC-90DVD is also connected to a constant NAV display screen (which is also non-touch) via the CD-RGB26P unit and then RCA cables.

This setup had been working great since it was installed in 2002, but about a week ago my AVIC-90DVD randomly died... and I can't seem to figure out why. The unit is getting power, it just doesn't turn on anymore. I've looked on eBay for replacements, and found one - but it has been upgraded to the 2008 map discs, which mean it is now touch enabled... and, I need a replacement to be remote controllable.

Obviously a direct replacement would be my cheapest and easiest option, but since that is the only AVIC-90DVD I have seen, does anyone else have any suggestions for alternatives that will work without touch screens?

Thanks!

I have an AVIC-90DVD nav unit in my car that is connected to an AVH-P7490DVD system (which has an AVX-P300DVD head unit) via the IP-BUS interface. The AVIC-90DVD is also connected to a constant NAV display screen (which is also non-touch) via the CD-RGB26P unit and then RCA cables.

This setup had been working great since it was installed in 2002, but about a week ago my AVIC-90DVD randomly died... and I can't seem to figure out why. The unit is getting power, it just doesn't turn on anymore. I've looked on eBay for replacements, and found one - but it has been upgraded to the 2008 map discs, which mean it is now touch enabled... and, I need a replacement to be remote controllable.

Obviously a direct replacement would be my cheapest and easiest option, but since that is the only AVIC-90DVD I have seen, does anyone else have any suggestions for alternatives that will work without touch screens?

Thanks!

As long as you have the remote and the non-touchscreen disc you can downgrade a unit with the newer version. The thread with instructions to do this can be found here -

viewtopic.php?p=13060