AVIC411.com

AVIC-D2 New User - Screen Help & Does it play DVD's

Hi,

I just picked up the AVIC-D2 from someone and hooked it up. It did not come with the GPS antenna which I just ordered on ebay for $15 which is why I guess certain functions on the menu are dimmed out. Is there a way to set the clock, or is that GPS based? I also noticed that certain areas of the touch screen are a little hard to press. I saw that it is a common problem and see places that fix it on ebay for $75 - is that for a new screen, or is there something I can do myself to recalibrate it? It's mainly the bottom right by the "back" key. Lastly, is this unit capable of playing DVD's directly? I don't mean by hooking up an external dvd player - I mean by putting the DVD into the DVD ROM slot. I am thinking there may be some kind of mod for that to work - if not, I guess just copying WMA files onto a DVD and playing that way would work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ok well now that we got the DVD question cleared up, can we talk about how to do the bypass? Haha. I'm just confused about the wire you have to put through the harness - not the green.

hopefully somebody will chime in and say if it is the same as the D3, if so there are pictures in the hacks and mods section of the d-series forum