AVIC411.com

AVIC Z1/Z2/Z3 Upgrade to AVIC Z3 w/2010 Maps

I thought so. But it is the orginal drive which I am trying to use.windows must have done something when I was trying to access data in XP. Imaged drive has not been even plugged in. I think I have stuffed up my unit.

Hdd Access failed mean the image was not done correctly, or the drive did not seat in the unit completely. Try again.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know some of you are still confused, so I hope this helps.

I just updated my already unlocked Z3 from the 2009 to the 2010 maps and latest Gracenotes using Acronis 2011 which is in fact different than the guide shows like some of you have pointed out. For those of you using Acronis 2010/2011 go to Tools & Utilities at the top, then click on Mount Image and point to the 1st .tib file in the 2010 map image. (z3_2010_virgin_torrent1.tib)

Once you mount the image you will get 4 new drive letters in "My Computer". With your unlocked drive hooked up simply format the LDAT and SDAT partitions then copy the new ones from the mounted image drives and your done. If you want to lose the copyright screens, do so now by going to the LDAT/BG folder and add .txt to the end of the bitmap files.

If you would like you can also download the latest Gracenotes directly from Pioneer at Gracenotes Update

You can copy them directly to the LDAT/AV folder overwriting the old ones.

It really doesn't get any simpler than this. If you are unsure or uncomfortable doing this yourself I suggest having Garret do it for you.

You can find Acronis True Image 2011 (torrent file) Here. (Don't worry about all the extra crap, just install the main program without all the addons)

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know where I can get a Solid copy of this?

I've downloaded the files from the torrent 3 different times (2 different windows boxes and clients, and a mac). I get "Archive corrupt" each time, about half way through, on the LDAT partition. The drive has the original z1 to z3 conversion on it, so this is not the first time I've written partitions to it. I'm using the same Acronis I used before, which is the same as in the PDF.

I just can't seem to get a valid set of TIB files.

here is the question i got and i appreciate any thought,

since i need lots of space for storing music, i bought a 250gb hdd and hddunlock said its unlocked, so i used arconis and copied all 4 partitions over (didnt used the usb converter, connected to motherboard directly) but when i put it in avic-z2, it said hdd is not accessable, and also in process of copying files over, acronis had an option to copy the mbr whichi wasnt choisen by default, so i didnt select it.

any thoughts please?

thanks

here is the question i got and i appreciate any thought,

since i need lots of space for storing music, i bought a 250gb hdd and hddunlock said its unlocked, so i used arconis and copied all 4 partitions over (didnt used the usb converter, connected to motherboard directly) but when i put it in avic-z2, it said hdd is not accessable, and also in process of copying files over, acronis had an option to copy the mbr whichi wasnt choisen by default, so i didnt select it.

any thoughts please?

thanks

Your hard drive is WAY too big. There is an album limit and a drive any larger than about 60GB is a waste because you'll hit the limit.

Is the drive you bought even a Toshiba drive?

Your hard drive is WAY too big. There is an album limit and a drive any larger than about 60GB is a waste because you'll hit the limit.

Is the drive you bought even a Toshiba drive?

no its not toshiba, im having difficulty finding toshiba automotive hdd around here...

so would you please explaing this limit? how about if i adjust the partition and imaging the operating system?

thnks