AVIC411.com

AVIC Z1/Z2/Z3 Upgrade to AVIC Z3 w/2010 Maps

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeding until 28 April 11.

EDIT: Just wanted to say that I just finished the update and it worked great, first time. I used the test disc on a Z2 and my Linux box did all the work without MHDD (Can you say commandlinefu.com?!), but I had to use Clonezilla to apply the disk images. Rock on! Thanks! Pulp_Fiction and Garrettoomey!

thank you everyone for this. I did it successfully!!!!

A word of advice for anyone that is attempting to do this. READ EVERYTHING IN THIS THREAD! It should help prevent unnecessary posts as I've seen here. Most of the questions have already been answered...

Thank you everyone once again!

• 5 weeks later...

Hi All,

I recently purchased the Z3 upgrade HD from ebay. When i installed it, my Z1 didn't boot up, it said "cannot use HDD". I wish i would have read this forum before I purchased the HD from Ebay. Has anybody seen the problem before? I'm going to send the HD back, but before i do I was wondering if there was a fix to this issue?

Thanks

Hi All,

I recently purchased the Z3 upgrade HD from ebay. When i installed it, my Z1 didn't boot up, it said "cannot use HDD". I wish i would have read this forum before I purchased the HD from Ebay. Has anybody seen the problem before? I'm going to send the HD back, but before i do I was wondering if there was a fix to this issue?

Thanks

yes I have, contact your ebay seller and have them ship you a new hdd. ive that that happened to me multiple times, something is wrong with either unlocking the hdd or imaging. if you paid for it, get it right. good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...