AVIC411.com

AVIC Z1/Z2/Z3 Upgrade to AVIC Z3 w/2010 Maps

Unfortunately my impatience got the best of me and I just went ahead and put the drive back in the avic. Every thing is working ok but I guess I will have to unlock it again if I am going to upgrade it in the future.

By the way the only reason I upgrade to the 2010 Avic image is because when I called Pioneer they told me that they were not planing on having an update for 2011 because there were not enough sales for the 2010 Discs. They did say that they will probably wait a couple of years to release another update.

Thanks for the info.

Did you read my post above? You do not have to pay to unlock.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just updated my z1 to the z3 software. this is what i did. i took a 120 gb laptop hdd.. transfered all the files for the z3 onto it. made the partitions and all tht. put all the files where they belong. popped it into the z1. it updated to the z3 version. BUT now while im driving the player will auto restart on its own. not just when im moving even while im parked. any idea what could be the problem? also the cd/dvd player wont read any cd's it says its unreadable. could u fix that? let me know please.

I just updated my z1 to the z3 software. this is what i did. i took a 120 gb laptop hdd.. transfered all the files for the z3 onto it. made the partitions and all tht. put all the files where they belong. popped it into the z1. it updated to the z3 version. BUT now while im driving the player will auto restart on its own. not just when im moving even while im parked. any idea what could be the problem? also the cd/dvd player wont read any cd's it says its unreadable. could u fix that? let me know please.

You can only use Toshiba hard drives. This is a known issue. Any other brand of hard drive will cause random reboots. As for the cd/dvd player, have to tried to clean the laser? I have seen many cd/dvd drives fail in these units. I think there may be a seller on ebay that fixes the DVD drive, but I have no opinion of his work as I have not used him.

Can someone please seed the maps image? Right now there are only 2 seeders and its saying its going to take 104 days. :shock:

I got the service test disk at about 1.5mb/s so thanks to those seeders. In return, I will leave them up for a few months.

• 2 weeks later...

Hoping some of you can provide some insight into an issue I am having.

I just updated my Z1 with the instructions provided in this thread. After the upgrade I have done a complete reset of the unit and I can not get the GPS unit out of the "initializing" mode in the 3D settings. I have checked the hardware status option and the GPS icon says ok but there are no satellites that are lit up. I booted up the service disk and went to the GPS menu options and I dont have any satellites listed and I do see that the "RTC Error" indicator says "NG".

Any idea on what is going on here or any recommendations as to what I should try to do?

It sounds like your GPS antenna has gone bad. Check the full length of the cable for any kinks or damage, especialy if you pass through doors, hatches, etc. This is problem is typically only found after a reset of 3D calibration. The unit will function quote well with a defective antenna based on VSS and learned 3D data (internal gyro). Once you clear this data, it has nothing to go on...

Thanks for the reply garrett. I was hoping that wasn't the case but oh well. I'll pull the unit out and have a look. Just for giggles, I attached some pictures of the service disk GPS options in case anything looked out of the ordinary. Sorry for picture bombing the thread.

One other item, in one of the screen shots it lists the version and it says Z2. Should it say Z3 since I have updated it?

post-55881-0-78423900-1317314255_thumb.jpg

post-55881-0-94467800-1317314256_thumb.jpg

post-55881-0-41746800-1317314258_thumb.jpg

post-55881-0-04962200-1317314259_thumb.jpg

post-55881-0-64355000-1317314259_thumb.jpg

post-55881-0-29272500-1317314260_thumb.jpg

post-55881-0-93058500-1317314260_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the reply garrett. I was hoping that wasn't the case but oh well. I'll pull the unit out and have a look. Just for giggles, I attached some pictures of the service disk GPS options in case anything looked out of the ordinary. Sorry for picture bombing the thread.

One other item, in one of the screen shots it lists the version and it says Z2. Should it say Z3 since I have updated it?

Check the antenna...

Platform version is 3.xxxxxx, this is Z3

APL Program is 5.xxxxxx, this is version 5 (2010), the latest available.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Garret. I used the hdd I upgraded to last year from you, connected it to my PC, followed your directions and all is well.

I have a laptop and used a usb to serial connection. Since the hdd was unlocked I didn't have to borrow anyone's desktop. Copying the two sections using Acronis True Image was simple. Since it is the new version, I couldn't set it up to do it automatically back to back. Nevertheless, it worked like a charm. Thanks again!!!

• 2 weeks later...