AVIC411.com

AVIC Z1/Z2/Z3 Upgrade to AVIC Z3 w/2010 Maps

Hi,

I only want to ask, if I recovered this image to my AVIC HD3BT (Europe) what might be happened to my hardware?

If this fails, can I go back to my old image on my other HDD (CNDV-900HD). Do I have then the newest Firmware and software on my device?

Have anybody tried it?

Thanx a lot for any reply and any information.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have tried several times with two different computers with error "corrupted". I download and seed again and hope it will be OK.

Note: I tried to restore the map partition only. Left the other partitions alone.

When/where did you get the "corrupted" error? Also you need to upgrade the map (ldata) AND system partitions (sdata).

I have tried several times with two different computers with error "corrupted". I download and seed again and hope it will be OK.

Note: I tried to restore the map partition only. Left the other partitions alone.

When/where did you get the "corrupted" error? Also you need to upgrade the map (ldata) AND system partitions (sdata).

I just update the (ldata) and left other partitions intact and got the corrupted error. Is it because I just try to upgrade (ldata) partition only and get the error? Should I also update the (sdata)?

Thanks...

Ldata is maps, sdata is system software. They both need to be upgraded. Please upgrade the sdata and report back. Thanks.

I updated sdata successfully, but for the ldata it gave me the error "Operation with partition "D:" terminated, the archive is corrupted (0X70020) Tag=0XF5F8CBCF76515639.

I downloaded the image two times and both give me the same error. I can restore 2009 image with no problem.

I am using windows 7.

Thnaks

First of all I'd like to thank garrettoomey for the upgrade files. I was able to restore both partitions without any issues. I put the drive back into my Z1 and it started back up displaying TeleAtlas 2010 on the copyright screen. The stereo itself works perfect, and the navigation appears to work. Just to try it I mapped to the closest McDonald's and it routed just fine. However, when I go to the "service info" screen, I only see Version 05.0000, my unit number, and CDDB Version: 10-01-0010. From reading garrettoomey's harddrive sales post, it looks like it's supposed to look like this:

Version: 05.0000

CDDB Version: 10-01-0010

Platform: 3.000200

GPS Version: 1.200000

HDD App Version: 5.000000

Should I try the restore again?

First of all I'd like to thank garrettoomey for the upgrade files. I was able to restore both partitions without any issues. I put the drive back into my Z1 and it started back up displaying TeleAtlas 2010 on the copyright screen. The stereo itself works perfect, and the navigation appears to work. Just to try it I mapped to the closest McDonald's and it routed just fine. However, when I go to the "service info" screen, I only see Version 05.0000, my unit number, and CDDB Version: 10-01-0010. From reading garrettoomey's harddrive sales post, it looks like it's supposed to look like this:

Version: 05.0000

CDDB Version: 10-01-0010

Platform: 3.000200

GPS Version: 1.200000

HDD App Version: 5.000000

Should I try the restore again?

NO!! You did it just right. If you want to see the same details that I posted do the following:

1. Go to the Service Info Screen

2. Press and hold the upper left corner of the touch screen until the screen changes. (There is no "button" to press, just the upper left corner...)

Ldata is maps, sdata is system software. They both need to be upgraded. Please upgrade the sdata and report back. Thanks.

garrettoomey,

Thank you very much for the files and info. I use a different computer to download the files and updated without problems. Again, I thank you...

garrettoomey,

On your service info screen, what are the last four digits of your unit number? I'm just curious as to whether or not everybody who restores the image will end up with the donor's unit number or if it retains it's unique unit number. The reason I ask is because I'm going to be sending my Z1 for repairs soon and I don't know if Pioneer will check to see if the unit number corresponds with the serial number.