AVIC411.com

AVIC Z1/Z2/Z3 Upgrade to AVIC Z3 w/2010 Maps

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have tried several IDE cables and even purchased a seperate IDE card yesterday. The only thing I can think of is that I am not using a dual IDE controller. The card from yesterday was a single and my motherboard is a single port IDE. I am going to make a trip today to return the card and see if I can find a dual channel IDE card. That is the only thing I can think of. The 2 disk unlock utilities listed in the instructions of the thread see the drive, they just can't do anything with it.

As for the drive itself, I can see it under MHDD using the EID command. When I try to run the config command I get a DCO Itentity Checksum Error. I also can boot into Linux and I used HDPARM and the drive shows that it is healthy, but it is locked.

I really appreciate your help on this. I hope that when we solve this mystery that the thread will help others that encounter this.

Thanks again,

Scott

I have tried several IDE cables and even purchased a seperate IDE card yesterday. The only thing I can think of is that I am not using a dual IDE controller. The card from yesterday was a single and my motherboard is a single port IDE. I am going to make a trip today to return the card and see if I can find a dual channel IDE card. That is the only thing I can think of. The 2 disk unlock utilities listed in the instructions of the thread see the drive, they just can't do anything with it.

As for the drive itself, I can see it under MHDD using the EID command. When I try to run the config command I get a DCO Itentity Checksum Error. I also can boot into Linux and I used HDPARM and the drive shows that it is healthy, but it is locked.

I really appreciate your help on this. I hope that when we solve this mystery that the thread will help others that encounter this.

Thanks again,

Scott

the PC that I use for upgrades only has a single IDE channel...

• 2 weeks later...

I have an AVIC Z2 with a Z3 image from 2008 (03.0000), installed on an aftermarket previously unlocked drive.

I can't remember if I removed security back when I first unlocked/imaged the drive...but I'm pretty sure I did.

What is the specific procedure for upgrading a previously upgraded-unlocked-security-removed drive to the 2010 firmware?

Can I do it without losing my existing data?

I have an AVIC Z2 with a Z3 image from 2008 (03.0000), installed on an aftermarket previously unlocked drive.

I can't remember if I removed security back when I first unlocked/imaged the drive...but I'm pretty sure I did.

What is the specific procedure for upgrading a previously upgraded-unlocked-security-removed drive to the 2010 firmware?

Can I do it without losing my existing data?

See the 2nd post in this sticky thread...

See the 2nd post in this sticky thread...

Yeah, I already found what I needed after going through the thread multiple times and piecing together the info.

Hopefully, what I've gathered is correct and complete...I'll find out soon enough.

Being in the tech support biz, I realize that sometimes it's difficult to put yourself in the uneducated guy's shoes when you already have all the answers.

I mean, geeze! You already did all the hard work involved in obtaining the knowledge...why can't everyone else do the work as well?!

Maybe that's why some of us are teachers and some of us are students.

And all teachers are students at some point in their existence. ;-)

Anyway...thanks for all your hard work.