AVIC411.com

AVIC Z1/Z2/Z3 Upgrade to AVIC Z3 w/2010 Maps

I had to do things a lil diffrently.

I could not use acronics to do everything for me. I had to figure out another way first use the tools tab and find install new drive find the drive u installed it should say unalocated selcte it click next right click the drive click create partition create the 17 gb ldat partition change the setting as follows ntfs to fat32, drive letter D to auto, lable it ldat check th box for primary and active drive click ok repeate this for the next 3 partitions. once your done go to therecorvery tab find the 2010 .tib files right click and mount the image. you should have a total of 8 new drives in "my computer" 2 ldat 2s dat and so on. now jus copy and paste hope this helps someone I have been up all night trying figure out a solution and this finially worked. sorry if my spelling and grammer is off

Can you explain this a little better, maybe in steps

Since I do not use this version of Acronis, it did not help me. Did you read the post above, as it describes a user having to add the drive to acronis.

I noticed that you mentioned that you only see your laptop hdd. I assume you have the avic connectec via USB? Could this be causing a problem with your version of Acronis?

Would you have the install file of the older software.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an updated version of AFMagnum's 2009 upgrade post.

---------------------------------

Your new version information should be as follows:

Version: 05.0000

CDDB Version: 10-01-0010

Platform: 3.000200

GPS Version: 1.200000

HDD App Version: 5.000000

--------------------------------

Updates contained on the AVIC Z3 w/2010 Maps (Per the included documentation):

For Customers using AVIC-Z1:

It includes all the feature updates that were shipped with the Z2 and Z3 such as customizable splash screen, enhanced VR, 3D map view, 3D landmarks, etc.

For Customers using AVIC-Z2 or AVIC-Z3:

-2010 Map database with over 12 million POI

-GraceNotes database update

- XM Satellite Radio Icon update

The other operations are essentially the same as those at the time you purchased the hardware. Use the Operation Manual included in the hardware package as your primary reference.

Garrett, how about the new version of 2010 maps out now - version 10.01.0030 released October 2010. It says in order to work on a Z3 you need to also download the Z3 firmware update. If we have a Z2 (upgraded to Z3), how do we go about getting this latest update - Pioneer website link

Garrett, how about the new version of 2010 maps out now - version 10.01.0030 released October 2010. It says in order to work on a Z3 you need to also download the Z3 firmware update. If we have a Z2 (upgraded to Z3), how do we go about getting this latest update - Pioneer website link

According to pioneer: "*IMPORTANT: AVIC-Z3 units need a Firmware Update (Version 3.100400) to use this CDDB Gracenote database update. Before proceeding, please read and install the AVIC-Z3 Firmware Update located ".

If you installed the 2010 image on your Z1, Z2, or Z3, then you already have Version: 05.0000, which includes all previous firmware fixes. Ver 5 (2010) is newer than Ver3 (2008).

You can burn the gracenotes disc and upgrade your Z1, Z2, Z3 if you have already installed 2009 or 2010 image.

• 3 weeks later...

People who still use Limewire these days wouldn't be able to figure out torrents, even though it's the simplest thing ever.

OK ok ok thanks for the hazing. I usually don't use torrents b/c I'm a usenet man...hello? I can d/l 1000x faster with usenet! Anywayz, thanks to Garret's tips on torrent software. I figured it out all by my lonesome and now have successfully updated my Z3. Thanks to all!