AVIC411.com

AVIC Z1/Z2/Z3 Upgrade to AVIC Z3 w/2010 Maps

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I did this too. Why is my drive rebooting every 10-15 minutes??? How do I repair this???

I had an old 40 gig IBM drive sitting around and I put the image on and when I installed it in the Z2 it did a 45 second updating do not turn off and loaded perfectly, but of course reboots every 10 or 15 minutes. But I know my image wooks.

Wonder what is wrong with the stock drive??

I have been seeding for the last 48 hours and have sent about 2.5GB - sound right?

Steve

You can't use any brand drive other than Toshiba or it will continuously reboot. This has been a known issue for several years.

Oh, okay. I didn't know that actually. I guess if i just throw the image onto the original drive then everything will be good... I am sorry for my ignorance, but I saw that it was recommended but not required to unlock the hard disk. What may happen if I restore the disk image but do not unlock the HDD?

Oh, okay. I didn't know that actually. I guess if i just throw the image onto the original drive then everything will be good... I am sorry for my ignorance, but I saw that it was recommended but not required to unlock the hard disk. What may happen if I restore the disk image but do not unlock the HDD?

You can not install the image without unlocking the drive. After it's unlocked, disabling the security with MHDD is optional. If you don't disable, then you will have to unlock it everytime you want to upgrade. This is all documented in the sticky posts in this thread.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This might be a Noob question but, I have a Z1 upgraded to a z3 with a new HD, HD unlocked, security disabled, and 2009 maps. I did the upgrade a while back and want to upgrade the 2010 maps. Is there a way to upgrade the maps to 2010 and save all my music? I would hate to redo about 2 years worth of music! Thanks.

This might be a Noob question but, I have a Z1 upgraded to a z3 with a new HD, HD unlocked, security disabled, and 2009 maps. I did the upgrade a while back and want to upgrade the 2010 maps. Is there a way to upgrade the maps to 2010 and save all my music? I would hate to redo about 2 years worth of music! Thanks.

Yes. Just use acronis to restore 2 of the partitions from the 2010 update. You want to overwrite the LDAT and SDAT partitions. DO NOT overwrite the USER or MSV partitions.

According to pioneer: "*IMPORTANT: AVIC-Z3 units need a Firmware Update (Version 3.100400) to use this CDDB Gracenote database update. Before proceeding, please read and install the AVIC-Z3 Firmware Update located ".

If you installed the 2010 image on your Z1, Z2, or Z3, then you already have Version: 05.0000, which includes all previous firmware fixes. Ver 5 (2010) is newer than Ver3 (2008).

You can burn the gracenotes disc and upgrade your Z1, Z2, Z3 if you have already installed 2009 or 2010 image.

garret, where can I get the 2010 map for Australia??

hi, is this normal that my avic z1 drive has no letter on my pc ?? i just can't find it on the acronis true image program ...

i did everything with success till now (unlock, disable the security ...)

help please

Your PC will not assign a drive letter unless you go to computer management and assign a drive letter. This is not required for Acronis to see the drive...