AVIC411.com

I need help with my x910 (fuse/noise related)

Hello to all on the forum, new member here. I'm in need of help and have tried the search feature and done some reading and i'm certain my internal pico fuse is blown.

This is kind of the situation, I dont have mids and highs because I have had an ongoing issue with my Kicker 600.4 and it is at kicker for repair at the moment but every time we connected that amp with RCA's, it went ape $hit! Weird pulsing sound, popping over the speakers, static.

I have a Kicker KX1200.1 that appears to be fine playing my 4 subs but when the HU is off and my sub volume is say at half, i hear noises thru the subs like you know how when you put a CD in the HU. I can hear the sounds of it loading thru my subs.

How can I test my x910bt to see if i have the pico fuse blown? And how many are there? 1 for each set of RCA's (F/R/Sub)?

If it is blown, anyone from SoCal know of any repair places in the Inland Empire to get it repaired, I dont want to take it to Pioneer's service center they charge way to much.

Next...is there a tutorial somewhere that shows how to take the HU apart and replace the fuse or drop a bead of solder on it, I am comfortable soldering on circuit/mother boards but haven't tried one this small.

All i know is this system has turned into a nightmare project plagued with problem after problem. :(

I have a Kicker KX1200.1 that appears to be fine playing my 4 subs but when the HU is off and my sub volume is say at half, i hear noises thru the subs like you know how when you put a CD in the HU. I can hear the sounds of it loading thru my subs.

if the head unit is turned off then there should be no power on the amp turn on wire and the amp should be turned off, if the amp is off then there should be absolutely no sound coming from the subs, test to make sure that there is no power on the amp turn on wire after the radio shuts off (if there is there is a problem with the radio) if there is no power on the amp turn on wire but the amp stays on then there is a problem with the amp (make sure that if the amp has a setting for how it turns on that it is set to use the amp turn on)

Thank you for the reply....

However....that is what i thought too, if the unit is off, the amp should be off but that is not the case.

When my unit is off its still on, the display has the time and the map button, its like a standby mode. I read the manual and I think it did say that as soon as the unit has power to it, the amp turn on lead is live....

I would prefer it that way myself, when the unit is off, all power is off everywhere but that isnt the case and my kicker 1200.1 has that variable speed fan on it, during the warm days out, as soon as i start my tahoe i hear it going....