wire clarification

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kel789

kel789
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 03:11 AM

i would like to clarify a few connections from a cheapo xovision touch screen into a 97 maxima. i have already the metra harness and the antenna adapter. is the radio pink wire "lamp in" from the picture below suppose to connect to the illumination wire harness "Red/Blue" or the dimmer wire "Red/Orange" or none. leave the pink wire alone?

from the xovision head unit, there are 2 ground black wires on this radio. the braking brake brown wire needs a ground connection and i think reverse gear orange wire needs a ground connection as well. can i connect all 4 wires together into one large wire and connect onto a bolt or nut behind the radio or connect to the radio black wire for ground?

does it work to connect an ebay cheapo license plate camera to a tail light power source or is it better to connect the Switched 12V+ Blue/Black. i want to avoid reverse light because it turns on only when the car is in reverse.

many forums are not able to answer these questions. it makes me think these wires very challenging.

thanks.

pink wire:
http://i384.photobuc... ... inwire.jpg

1995-97 Nissan Maxima Stereo Wiring
Constant 12V+ Pink/Blue 
Switched 12V+ Blue/Black 
Ground Vehicle Chassis 
Illumination Red/Blue 
Dimmer Red/Orange 
Antenna Trigger Black/Red 
Antenna Right Rear 
Front Speakers 6 1/2" Doors
Left Front (+) Blue/White 
Left Front (-) Blue/Yellow 
Right Front (+) Brown 
Right Front (-) Brown/White 
Rear Speakers 6 1/2" Rear Deck
Left Rear (+) Red 
Left Rear (-) Green 
Right Rear (+) Blue 
Right Rear (-) Pink 

#2 firebirdude

firebirdude

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:36 PM

If you already have the Metra harness for your Maxima, then all wire connections should be color to color. The wiring info you posted for your Maxima is irrelevant. The parking brake wire is meant to be run to the parking brake obviously.... but if you're looking to bypass the video safety feature, you'll have to research the sequence of events it looks for in order to allow video. Sometimes simply grounding the wire is all it takes and other times it requires a ground/unground/ground sequence every time (impossible if you've just got them wired together). And do not connect the reverse wire to anything unless you're using a rear view camera.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users