AVIC411.com

Bluetooth update???

Not to say that whtcrxghst's post wasn't helpful, but if you want some extra hand holding on this....

Does anyone know where to find instuctions on how to install the update?

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... &start=108

I have created an .iso disk. I have just copied the iso file to cd.

That was wrong:

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 9&start=22

What type of CD do you need? and how does it work

Doug

Any CD should work, also if you have issues you can burn the image to a DVD as well. Some people say that helps if you can't get the update to start.

You guys are a BIG help. I tried the last CD I burned, it says update already done?? I have a brandnew unit,I guess the update is already done.

I am still getting complaints from some people on echo.

I have the mic placed on the windshield riser on driver side, seems to work fine, I don't know how to adjust the speaker while on the phone to use only the drivers side speaker. I'll keep looking.

All in all, I like the bluetooth, it is a real nice feature.

One more thing, the ILL wire, when you hook it up to + while the lights are on, does it switch to a dimmer "night" mode? I drive during the day with my lights on mostly, so I think I am going to hookup a ILL switch to manually control the brightness.

See ya

Doug

One more thing, the ILL wire, when you hook it up to + while the lights are on, does it switch to a dimmer "night" mode? I drive during the day with my lights on mostly, so I think I am going to hookup a ILL switch to manually control the brightness.

See ya

Doug

Yes it does, and if you drive in bright daylight with lights on that's probably a good idea.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I downloaded the update and burned it to a cd-r as an iso using nero.

It got stuck at 99%!!!!!

Then I opened the iso image on my computer and copied the contents into nero and burned a cd-r as an iso and it worked!!!

If you get stuck at 99 you will need to do it that way.

I got the info here somewhere but I wanted to confirm it was the same for me!

Anyway first impesssion is the update helped. my wife would complain every time I tried to use the bluetooth.

I called her and just stated talking. I said I was on my way home and she said" you can't be in your car you sound good!"

Time will tell but so far I give it two thumbs up!

Cingular slvr phone. left speaker voice, mic on rearview mirror, small two seater car.

I have the hard-wired bypass on mine and I did the update as I drove to work today! It was successful and all is working fine with the grounding bypass.

Yah the 2 wire ground bypass still works after you update with that CD.

Can anyone tell me how I can delete old Bluetooth phones from the Avic Z1? Can I delete all my phones and start over?

Thanks!

Yes:

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2245

you shouldnt have to open the iso, just open nero, start smart, data dvd, select .iso then burn

if that doesnt work then you can always mount the image with say alcohol 120 and pull the files themselves off and burn them directly to the root of the dvd, but thats alot of work that you shouldnt have to do.

you shouldnt have to open the iso, just open nero, start smart, data dvd, select .iso then burn

if that doesnt work then you can always mount the image with say alcohol 120 and pull the files themselves off and burn them directly to the root of the dvd, but thats alot of work that you shouldnt have to do.

I know you shouldn't have to but if I didn't I got the 99% error, just wanted others to know how I got around it.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Well, I started the update today and I think I ran into the 99% problem, but I want to make sure that this is the same problem mentioned here and that I know what the fix is.

I burned the ISO image into a CD-R using Nero and inserted it into the Z1 with the Map screen showing. It started the update process fine and got all the way up to 99% on the progress bar. I then get a message saying:

An error occurred and the update has failed.

There is a Retry button and I keep hitting that, it tries again and comes up with the same message.

Assuming this is the same error stryfox had, I want to confirm the fix. I should use Alcohol 120% to open up the ISO and get the actual files instead of just the image. I should then burn those files directly to a CD-R as a data CD.

Is all of that correct?

Thanks!