AVIC411.com

AVIC N4 Speed Sensor and VSS location

Hey , I need a lil NoOb help.. I'm trying to install my N4 into my 94 Chevrolet Silverado and am not sure which wire I am looking for . I have the schematic for the whole dash and need to know which VSS wire to tap into . Am I looking for the (VSS) signal , return, or pulse wire ? Or something competely different ???? I appreciate any info I can get ..

King,

If your old radio had an auto volume control that increased your volume automatically with the speed of the truck tap into that wire. Unfortunately I do not recall the color of the wire but if you have the schematic perhaps it will tell you. In addition you might be able to do a search of vss on this site for further help.

T

Hey Tom

Unfortunately , this thing wasn't that modern , and there was a single din in the place of the odd shaped stock radio that didn't work to boot so I wouldn't even know. In my schematic , it shows the colors of all the wires I'm looking for , I'm just not sure which one it is ! For example , am I looking for the VSS signal wire , the return , or the pulse that goes to cruise control ?? I am guessing it's the signal wire but don't want to go ahead and hook it up only to find I burned something out !