AVIC411.com

iPhone 4 & Avic-D3 = possible Video out???

Hey guys, I had been using an iPhone 3G, and I have the Avic D3 unit for 3 years. Got the cd-i200 cable along with it, and I knew that it doesn't charge.

Now that I got my iPhone4 and would like to try video out, which I've never use it with my iPhone 3G before at all. I plugged in the iphone 4 to the cd-i200 cable, as expected charging doesn't work, but also video out doesn't work.

I've researched for a several thread in this board, and I see this product for sell that can solve the charging issue:

http://www.cablejive.com/products/Car-Charge-Kit.html

Now the question is, after I use this product, care less about the charging part, will I be able to play video with my iPhone 4? Do i need to purchase the "Aux" cable for the front jack of the Avic-D3 to play video instead?

I've also tried the app called "TVOut2", but it doesn't work, only audio plays but no video. "Resupported" doesn't support iOS4, so what should i do now?

What happens when you try to play video?

Black screen but have sound.

To specify, I want it to work with other app if possible, such as you tube and such. I don't mind if it doesn't have on screen control. As long as it stops playing when the phone ring, I'll be happy with that

No other cable is needed. You may just be running into a situation where the unit is just to old to use with newer devices. I do know there is one thread where someone used Resupported to get video from there iPhone but I don't remember if it was a 3G or 3GS. There is another TV OUT app called Landscape TV OUT you can try that has built in non Apple Cable support that may fix the problem. I use TV OUT2 Mirror TV OUT and it works well on the i4.

I've tries tvout 2, no it didn't work. I start to doubt that my cable is fake. But I got it from authorized dealer. So I need to know if this cable cd-i200 is suppose to be able to watch video? I've read ur other thread that was sticked, everything works fine except video, and of course charging.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...