AVIC411.com

04 Ford F-150 VSS and reverse signal

I have been looking through the board and have found some great info on the use and installation of my new D2, but was hoping for some help. I have found from here and the f-150 board that the easiest VSS hookup is going to be on the factory radio harness - gray and black wire, my stock stereo had the speed controlled volume. But what I wanted to try and find out is where is the easiest place to tie into the reverse sensor? I am currently running wihtout either hooked up and want to install the VSS now that I know where to tie in at, but only want to take the deck out once and hopefully hook up both. Thanks for any help - Erik

Thanks for the quick response. Pulled the trim plate off and took me about 15 minutes to run the wires and tie everything in - hooked the illumination lead up while I was in there. It also seemed to decrease the feedback whine that I picked up when I installed the D2 that wasn't there with my DEH-4800. If it is still bothersome I will put in a pair of ground loop isolators at my amp and hopefully that remedies the noise. Thanks again - Erik