AVIC411.com

x910BT Splash Issues

Hello all, I'm about to return my AVIC-X910BT because I'm convinced there is something wrong with it. Before I do, I wanted to run my issues by the community here to see if anyone else has encountered similar problems.

I'm attempting to upload a splash screen image to my x910bt via SD Card. Here's what I've done thus far...

Using Kingston 2GB SD Card

--------------------------------

I formatted the SD Card with FAT32

I created a root folder named "Pictures"

I downloaded an image from the forums here and placed the jpg file into the "Pictures" folder. (yes, it's of proper size)

I then place my SD Card into the SD Slot on my x910BT. I select Settings --> System Settings --> Splash Screen --> Upload from SD Card ... then it's just a blank screen. Nothing happens.

I also can not play videos of any format from this card.

--------------------------------

Using SanDisk Ultra II 2GB SD Card

----------------------------------------

I formatted the Card with FAT

Created root folder "Pictures"

Added the correctly sized .jpg file to the folder, even tried changing it to .JPEG, nothing worked. It said "Images were corrupt".

I also tried playing an avi file from this card and it played audio but no video.

Is my SD Slot bad? Has anyone else had issues getting this to work? It should be pretty straight forward.

• 2 months later...

Shouldn't be the card, I have an X910BT and am using a cheap Kingston 2GB SD that I bought a few weeks ago from Office Depot for like $5. Not sure if the resolution matters, but is it in a format that is acceptable and is the resolution the appropriate size for the screen? I know some devices are funny, and if the resolution is too high it will just give a blank screen instead of just displaying what it can. Haven't tried playing videos from the SD card yet, I use my iPhone for that one.