AVIC411.com

I know this is a worn out topic but I have tried all of the "troubleshooting" techniques people have posted with... strange results.

I was able to remove the mute wire with a small screwdriver and a staple and moved it over one pin. I was then able to push it in with good force and with many "check tugs" it seemed to be seated just fine. I could push the wire into the connector very firmly with no movement, and could give a nice tug without it moving either. I would assume it is well seated, right?

Then, I have the mute wire and the parking break soldered together with a few other wires to the chassis ground wire. Considering the stereo and SWI-PS (which share the ground) work just fine I am safely assuming that the ground is working fine.

When I did my first test run of the unit after installing I had no problems. Then after a few more drives I started getting the dreaded "system detected the parking break lead is incorrectly installed" message (paraphrasing the message). Then, it miraculously went away on its own! I drove around with a movie playing, no big deal.

I then reinstalled all of my equipment thinking everything was fine, and it was, for a while (a few days).

All of sudden, I now get the error message upon every start up and I've lost all of my bypass functionality. What the hell is going on???????

If any one has any advice I would really, really appreciate it. I followed the instructions and seemed to do everything as required. This is extremely frustrating.

Thanks in advance.

That wire is pretty small. You may have broken it inside the insulation when removing it or reinstalling it in the new location. That would explain the intermittent nature of your problem. If all else fails, remove it and replace it with another unused wire (like one of the output RCA connectors if you don't use them).