AVIC411.com

SALE AT AMAZON!

Wow, a sweet deal for sure. I'm thinking about another Avic now. Is the rebate provided after you submit the order?

yup - gotta tear the bar code off the box, as usual. There are about 100 Pioneer items that apply with this Amazon deal, and they take the 30% off the TOTAL! - and, Amazon is an "authorized dealer", so you're good there.

Just make sure you order from AMAZON and not one of the other Amazon marketplace vendors by mistake, because not all of them are authorized, and therefore, no rebate.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like Amazon isn't accepting any of these promotional codes...I tried adding the x920 as well as the z120 just to try to see if anything would go through but I received the same error each time. I should have hit the checkout button when I had the opportunity to nab the z120bt for less than $800 before rebate yesterday but i'll just be playing the waiting game until a new promo code comes up or when Amazon lowers the prices again because they seem to be fluctuating on a daily basis.

looks like Amazon isn't accepting any of these promotional codes...I tried adding the x920 as well as the z120 just to try to see if anything would go through but I received the same error each time. I should have hit the checkout button when I had the opportunity to nab the z120bt for less than $800 before rebate yesterday but i'll just be playing the waiting game until a new promo code comes up or when Amazon lowers the prices again because they seem to be fluctuating on a daily basis.

Phone them in person - it takes a while to find their number on the site - look via "contact us"

They had a computer meltdown when I wanted to order, and if it wasn't for the CSR on the phone, I wouldn't have got the price. The coupon code I posted is good, because they emailed it to me. Otherwise, they wouldn't have bothered

I should have ordered the other day instead of checking for a wire harness for my car. The code you posted doesn't work for me. I called Amazon and the girl said that once you apply it to an order (even if the order isn't placed) you cannot apply it again. Other people elsewhere online seem to be unable to apply it also. The price has also gone up since last weekend ($460 after discount and rebate last weekend vs. $530 this weekend). I guess I'll wait for a new code and see if the price goes down for the 920bt

Found this doing a little poking around, getting ready to do my 1999 GMC RCSB install Wow, what a deal !

568.00 here as well, hoping rebate materializes soon

I'm just getting the pieces together, Got the 06 bezel and radio/hvac bracket

need door speakers, sub and sub enclosure,+ amp kits harness adapter etc etc

anyone do a Double Din Silverado tahoe or denali Been looking at a lot of google

my question Does the std. metra GM harness adapter provide a correct interace ? my stock had SCV volume

I undersand there's a VSS present in the stock radio harness does VSS override "bypass"

read somewhere pioneer was denying a man warranty based on improper voltage regarding dimmer or illumination

Thanks For the amazon heads up guys (OP) I'd "search" more but To be Honest I've done it for days

and I've read every GM double Din install I could find details of my afforementioned issues are fuzzy

again thanks for the heads up ...............especially the OP

sorry to hear that Amazon are messing around with their policies - usually they are quite reliable. I added and subtracted the coupon codes in my account window many times - strange they now say you can't do that. If they email me another code (they have, every week for the last month), then I'll post it here - check Mondays.

OK - Amazon pulled a fast one. In the original email they sent me, both the x920 and z120 were included in the 100 products. The code is still good, as I just tried it with a 4200. However, it appears Amazon REMOVED both of the Avic machines from the product list after they sent out the email. Cheeky. I guess this thread is working, as they must have exausted their quota for those two machines. Al & Ed's is still doing "price matching" the last time I checked, and they're an authorized dealer.

So that's it for 30% off coupons on the X920BT? Wow am I pissed I didn't order it last weekend.

keep your eyes peeled - they change the price daily, and I believe the $100 off coupon is good until sometime in October, so I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't keep the discount going until then.

Just got another code for the next week - 30% off all these Pioneer products:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=pe_69560_16 ... PDKIKX0DER

promotion code at checkout: VRCBKCX6

tough times for Pioneer?

When you make shitty decks, that's what happens. :mrgreen:

But seriously, they scrapped iGo to use their own in-house nav and it's awful. That sort of bean counter move to save a few bucks will ultimately lead to lost profit and customers. Guess Pioneer didn't do well with economics 101.

Pioneer has definitely made some odd decisions. Although I think iGo and their own in-house nav were equally shitty.

Still not sure why they didn't just license Garmin, Tom Tom, or Magellan software like all their competition. For example, Kenwoods all use Garmin's navigation software and Parrot's Bluetooth software now. It's great, because anyone with a Garmin can borrow a car with a Kenwood and instantly know how to use the navigation.

Pioneer also did us all a disservice by not offering anything to replace the MSN services everyone is losing in a year or so. Where is the replacement traffic solution for Pioneer units that require MSN for traffic?

Just got another code for the next week - 30% off all these Pioneer products:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=pe_69560_16 ... PDKIKX0DER

promotion code at checkout: VRCBKCX6

tough times for Pioneer?

If recent history is any guide, Pioneer starts offering discounts and clearing out inventory when they're about to roll out a new unit and stop supporting the existing ones....they've probably got something coming that doesn't require the soon-to-die MSN service for traffic, etc. Bastards.

Well those were certainly two very helpful entries on the topic of "Sale at Amazon".

There are lots of products discounted everday at Amazon, especially in their "lightning deals" section. I just picked up a nice camera for $100 less than anywhere else I could find it this week.

Companies usually "refresh" their lines every year, so it's likely Pioneer will follow suit at CES next year. Kenwood has HOW many models now in the DNX platform? And in HOW many years? Seems to me they release a new model every year to do just what you are saying: fix bugs and add features.

If you wanna wax-poetic about Kenwood, that's fine, but why not start a thread about it called "I hate Pioneer and they bug me and I love Kenwood". This was a thread for people who may want to buy a unit, and were looking for a good price. I don't get a warm-fuzzy you have either in mind.

my .02 cents

:)

Whew, I got the discount, just have to get the right person. X920BT for $895 - 30% - $100 = $526. I can definitely live with that, haha.

One more thing, I was told the rebate comes with the actual nav unit when I receive it in the mail. Is this correct? No link/rebate form was provided after I submitted the order.

EDIT: Rebate info can be found here: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... ion+Rebate

Whew, I got the discount, just have to get the right person. X920BT for $895 - 30% - $100 = $526. I can definitely live with that, haha.

One more thing, I was told the rebate comes with the actual nav unit when I receive it in the mail. Is this correct? No link/rebate form was provided after I submitted the order.

EDIT: Rebate info can be found here: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... ion+Rebate

stupid question: you bought it from "Amazon", and not a company in the Amazon "marketplace", correct? Some of those companies AREN'T authorized dealers, and hence, no warranty and no rebate. Good news the deal's still alive