AVIC411.com

SALE AT AMAZON!

Yes, It's from Amazon. I have the rebate form so all is good.

I think what he means is you can buy items from other stores through Amazon. You go to Amazon.com and search for your item and when you add it to your Amazon cart and pay for it you're actually buying from a 3rd party... sometimes w/o knowing unless you pay very close attention. If you accidentally do this and the store you happen to buy from isn't a Pioneer authorized dealer your rebate will be denied even if you send everything for the rebate in properly. He's just trying to let you know that you need to make sure you buy from Amazon (or another authorized store) to get the rebate approved.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, It's from Amazon. I have the rebate form so all is good.

I think what he means is you can buy items from other stores through Amazon. You go to Amazon.com and search for your item and when you add it to your Amazon cart and pay for it you're actually buying from a 3rd party... sometimes w/o knowing unless you pay very close attention. If you accidentally do this and the store you happen to buy from isn't a Pioneer authorized dealer your rebate will be denied even if you send everything for the rebate in properly. He's just trying to let you know that you need to make sure you buy from Amazon (or another authorized store) to get the rebate approved.

Yes I know, let me rephrase. I meant I bought on Amazon from the Amazon retailer. States on invoice, "Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC"

at these prices, there's not much competition for the x920

Oh yeah for sure. I'm looking at $630 for everything, that's the wire harness, ground loop isolators, dash trim kit and backup cam. That's pretty good considering a shop would probably charge upwards of $1,000 for a comparable setup.

If you're installing yourself, be super-careful to NOT plug any RCA connections to the unit while the power's on or the grounding wires haven't been connected. Pioneer has some internal fuses that fry easily if either of these things happen, and then you have a brick.

So, disconnect battery, ground unit, make connections, and then hook the battery back up after all that's been done.

at these prices, there's not much competition for the x920

Oh yeah for sure. I'm looking at $630 for everything, that's the wire harness, ground loop isolators, dash trim kit and backup cam. That's pretty good considering a shop would probably charge upwards of $1,000 for a comparable setup.

If you're installing yourself, be super-careful to NOT plug any RCA connections to the unit while the power's on or the grounding wires haven't been connected. Pioneer has some internal fuses that fry easily if either of these things happen, and then you have a brick.

So, disconnect battery, ground unit, make connections, and then hook the battery back up after all that's been done.

Yes I am aware of the Pico fuse. I installed an X710bt in my other vehicle so I have an idea of how to go about installing this one.

Wow you guys are quite lucky to pick it up at that price. I'm still looking around for a good price. If possible, can you keep us updated cpkdude.

Sonic Electronics has it for $660 last I checked. $660 - $100 MIR is only a little more than what many of us paid, plus they give you credit towards a wire harness.

I just bought my X920BT from Sonic earlier this week. They are NOT recognized as an authorized ONLINE reseller, so the rebate will not be possible through them. They ARE an authorized reseller, so your warranty is still legit when purchasing from them.

Go to pioneerelectronics.com to see their recognized list of authorized online resellers - it's pretty small.

The Amazon deal was awesome - like almost everything I order online, I missed the boat on that one.

TRU

My apologies, I didn't know there was a separate list for authorized online retailers. Still the Sonic Electronics deal is pretty good.

Sonic has been pretty good price matching for me in the past. Perhaps if you give them a call they'll give you the MIR or at least a portion automatically off. Worth a shot IMO.

As someone else posted, you do get the $30 credit for a dash kit and harness - provided they have/make one for your car. They will only credit $13 on the dash kit, but if they have one that's slightly more they'll just make you pay the difference. Their price on the iPod cable is pretty reasonable too.

All in all, it wasn't horrible getting it from them but definitely would have been sweeter to get the rebate. If the rebate would have worked, I might have actually stepped up to the Z120. I did try to negotiate, but wasn't able to get any more out of them as they still had the best price on the unit than anyone else at the time.

TRU