AVIC411.com

Settings page mostly greyed out . . .

ROFL, do you mean like what was recommended in the very first post of this thread

right, like that's not obvious... I already had gone through and searched for what I was in need of assistance with, and that brought me to this thread... in any case I resolved the issue myself and modded/bypassed the safety crap which restricted me from doing anything while driving, dumb idea in my opinion... if you have a passenger why are they somehow incapable of messing with a navigation system or watching a video simply because the driver cannot? rhetorical question.

I think it should be an option... disable front view restriction? yes/no

if anyone gets into an accident from being distracted, that's their own fault, they shouldn't be allowed to drive haha

I agree with you, BUT, the issue in our country is everyone wants to sue everyone else at the drop of a hat. Pioneer is covering their ass.

I think it should be an option... disable front view restriction? yes/no

if anyone gets into an accident from being distracted, that's their own fault, they shouldn't be allowed to drive haha

i would have to respectfully disagree with you, stupid people would just disable it right away and drive around with movies playing, my life shouldn't be put at risk just because some kid thinks hes cool and is showing off for his friends and gets distracted. and it wouldn't just be the drivers fault, pioneer would have a huge stake in the liability of it since they programmed such an easily defeatable lock out.

• 6 years later...

Hi, sorry to revive such an old thread but its the only thread I can find which relates to my problem. I just fitted a Pioneer NEX8000 (actually UK version called F60DAB, but its almost identical). Someone above said the greyed out menu items are due to parking brake bypass not being done. Mine is definitely done, but I still have an option greyed out. The "power to antenna" option. Its set to NO, but I can't change it. if i touch it nothing happens.

Having just installed the stereo in my Audi A6 (which has a built in DAB antenna), I can't get DAB reception on the head unit whether I use the Audi built in plug, or the glass mount antenna which came with the stereo. 

Any ideas anyone? thanks

• 5 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...