AVIC411.com

Settings page mostly greyed out . . .

Ok, had my Z120BT installed this past weekend and went into the settings page and of the 6-8 options available on the settings page 3/4 of them are greyed out (nothing happens when I touch them), only AV Audio and one other option are in full color (and work when I touch them). Why is this?

Also, what menu is the time set in? And how do I turn off the "beep" (or at least adjust the volume lower) every time I hit any button or any on-screen icon?

TIA,

David

Set your parking brake and your buttons will not be gery anymore. This is by design, unless you do the bypass as described int he sticky posts (hacks forum).

You can set the time, only the time zone (regional settings). There is a setting option for the beep volume. Have you looked at your owner's manual yet??

I've started to read the manual, but it's pretty big . . . no excuse, I know.

Thanks for the tips, will try why stationary. Guess my installer messed up the bypass (I provided the info from this site, don't know why he didn't do it).

Thanks again,

david

Yeah, I know, but this guy did my install "on the side" and agreed to do the bypass for me before hand. I even provided him the pic and description from the bypass thread on this forum . . . somehow he goofed it up, which isn't giving me a lot of confidence about the rest of his install -- don't get me wrong, I was there for 90% of it, and his interior tear down and speaker wiring (had him install six new speakers, two of which were in new/fabricated locations) and amp install skills were good based upon my un-trained eye, but I think this may have been the first time he installed a head unit/nav of this complexity.

i really cant understand how so many people have problems following the instructions here, there is really only three steps, ground the p-brake wire, move the mute wire and then ground the mute wire, if somebody cant follow those steps with out messing it up (and believe me there are sooo many people who cant), then they really dont have any business behind the dash board.

i would say that the most common issue people have is the they move the mute wire to the wrong pin or that they dont push the mute wire in all the way, but this is very easy to identify, as there will be a "incorrect connection of p-brake" message, and that the unit will work while stopped but after you get up to a certain speed it cuts off, if you are not getting one (or both) of these issue, then you problem is different.

• 2 months later...

Set your parking brake and your buttons will not be gery anymore. This is by design, unless you do the bypass as described int he sticky posts (hacks forum).

You can set the time, only the time zone (regional settings). There is a setting option for the beep volume. Have you looked at your owner's manual yet??

I've tried starting up the engine and having my foot on brake and ebrake pulled as far back as possible, yet all the options are still greyed out. Possibility my mechanic could of done a wrong bypass... he just told me he made it so the car doesn't have to be parked to make use of the navi

Only none greyed out variables on the console are my AV source and like a few random things in the navigation area... can't pair my phone or anything... I know the bluetooth works and the gps works simply because my phone see's the console, and I can see where I'm going on the map... just can't manually input addresses or anything -.-

it appears my mechanic thought that by not hooking up the ebrake cable or brake cable or w/e that he was bypassing the no navi while drivey crap

therefore I can't do anything about the settings until monday since he's busy. this sucks... is there any pictures or anything that show how to connect the brake cable? I could do it myself, just don't see anything mentioning that step in the installation manual

it appears my mechanic thought that by not hooking up the ebrake cable or brake cable or w/e that he was bypassing the no navi while drivey crap

therefore I can't do anything about the settings until monday since he's busy. this sucks... is there any pictures or anything that show how to connect the brake cable? I could do it myself, just don't see anything mentioning that step in the installation manual

I hope you didn't pay much for that installer. Didn't he even test the system?

I only have the Z110 Installation manual. On pg 12,

Light green

Used to detect the ON/OFF status of the parking brake. This lead must be

connected to the power supply side of the parking brake switch.

If this connection is made incorrectly or omitted, certain functions

of your navigation system will be unusable.

WARNING

LIGHT GREEN LEAD AT POWER CONNECTOR IS

DESIGNED TO DETECT PARKED STATUS AND MUST

BE CONNECTED TO THE POWER SUPPLY SIDE OF THE

PARKING BRAKE SWITCH. IMPROPER CONNECTION

OR USE OF THIS LEAD MAY VIOLATE APPLICABLE

LAW AND MAY RESULT IN SERIOUS INJURY OR

DAMAGE.

It even shows a picture of a parking brake and a sample diagram. I'm sure the Z120 manual is nearly identical. Are you sure you aren't looking in the User's Guide? You can download the Installation Manual from Pioneer.

If you are going through all that, you might as well do the bypass youself. It is well documented here and even You Tube has videos.