AVIC411.com

• 2 weeks later...

Both. I tried the factory card--nada. I then formatted the factory card, downloaded the update, loaded it onto the factory card--still nothing. I then went to Best Buy, bought *another* micro sD card, formatted it, loaded the update onto it, and tried it. Nothing. My unit doesn't recognize that there has been an sD card inserted.

Both. I tried the factory card--nada. I then formatted the factory card, downloaded the update, loaded it onto the factory card--still nothing. I then went to Best Buy, bought *another* micro sD card, formatted it, loaded the update onto it, and tried it. Nothing. My unit doesn't recognize that there has been an sD card inserted.

gnarly. I went to two auto stores, and both would read jpg data, and mp3 data, but neither would read any of the seven different video formats I had on the cards

Did that (with two different SD cards) -- unit simply won't recognize that an SD card has been inserted. The unit is only about a month and a half old, and this is the first time I've tried to use an SD card in it. The wonderfully helpful (sarcasm) folks at Pioneer Support told me that I would have to send the unit in for repairs at my expense. When I told them that I bought the unit from a dealer, and had no idea how to properly remove it from my car, they essentially stated that that wasn't their problem, and that I would need to pay someone to remove it from my car, if the dealer wouldn't.

So, even though Pioneer sold me a defective product, I need to pay through the nose to correct their error. Unfortunately, I'm stuck with this bug-ridden piece of crap until I sell my car, but I'm never buying a Pioneer product again.

Did that (with two different SD cards) -- unit simply won't recognize that an SD card has been inserted. The unit is only about a month and a half old, and this is the first time I've tried to use an SD card in it. The wonderfully helpful (sarcasm) folks at Pioneer Support told me that I would have to send the unit in for repairs at my expense. When I told them that I bought the unit from a dealer, and had no idea how to properly remove it from my car, they essentially stated that that wasn't their problem, and that I would need to pay someone to remove it from my car, if the dealer wouldn't.

So, even though Pioneer sold me a defective product, I need to pay through the nose to correct their error. Unfortunately, I'm stuck with this bug-ridden piece of crap until I sell my car, but I'm never buying a Pioneer product again.

I know you're upset that you have what you consider a piece of garbage, but they have a point, what do you expect them to do? if you bought from a dealer, then the dealer should be part of the resolution, and that would include removing the unit.

In all seriousness, what did you expect them to do here? they're saying send us the defective unit, they will fix it, that's generally the way it works.

on the other hand, if you told them YOU installed it yourself, they would likely wash their hands of the whole affair. Last time I checked, there was no "degree" available from USC for auto-sound installation. In other words, I would hope Pioneer would stand by their product no matter who installed it.

Geez - I guess you have to read a 200 page manual and try every single feature in the book within your return period. What has become of the great technology companies? Even Toyota's are killing people.

ok, just finished the re- install of a new x920 bt. as soon as it was up and running I checked the mini SD drive, and it seemed to accept data, as in music. took the factory pioneer update disc - 200.3000 or whatever it was. turned off the ignition, inserted the factory disc, turned on ignition in ACC mode, and the update booted no problem. it took about three minutes to complete. it rebooted no problem and now it seems fine. Although, I can't be certain, but the Bluetooth that people hear from the car may even be a little worse than before the upgrade. Which of course, would be impossible, wouldn't it?

• 6 years later...