AVIC411.com

update on the x920bt not woking ....again

ive downloaded and re-downloaded the firmware update from pioneer, with no luck getting the unit to read the disc, and update itself. If i open the SDcard icon as a source, it has several .WAV files that play background music to a woman speaking some asian language.....what the heck am i doing wrong ?

I had this happen to. Make sure you extract all files when you download the zip file to your computer (I saved them to my desktop and moved them to the SD card. This ensures they are on the top layer of the SD card and when you put the card into the unit it should start automatically.

Hope this helps.

Folks, what is going on is Pioneer's fault. When I click on the link for the X920BT, it links to the AVIC Z110.ZIP file.

Check it yourself, I put it below. Yes, I realize the models are similar. But, it could explain why I replicate exactly what is in this thread.

My service panel has the 2.0000 firmware, just like described here. I downloaded, unzipped it, put the folder on the microSD and that didn't work. Next I copied the "Guts" of the folder to the root. Didn't work. That is when I realized this link was wrong. Even the instruction sheet Pioneer has mixes the terms "X920BT" and "Z110" model numbers. But, the instructions do say that if it failed, you probably downloaded the wrong file. DUH. PUT THE RIGHT FILE LINK UP PIONEER !!!!! :cry:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/CarAudioVideo/In-Dash/GPS-Navigation-Systems/AVIC-X920BT?tab=F

post note: I talked with tech support, he said the Z110.ZIP was the right file model number even though it was a X920BT I was updating. He insisted you format the microSD to FAT32. I did that, runs through the install and when I go back and check under the service panel the number is unchanged indicating 2.0000 firmware. Personally, I think I am stuck. Don't know that I want to pay for their "disk" if it will just fail again.

I had this happen to. Make sure you extract all files when you download the zip file to your computer (I saved them to my desktop and moved them to the SD card. This ensures they are on the top layer of the SD card and when you put the card into the unit it should start automatically.

Hope this helps.

were you updating a x920 or z120? Which file did you use for the update, the Z version?

Folks, what is going on is Pioneer's fault. When I click on the link for the X920BT, it links to the AVIC Z110.ZIP file.

Check it yourself, I put it below. Yes, I realize the models are similar. But, it could explain why I replicate exactly what is in this thread.

My service panel has the 2.0000 firmware, just like described here. I downloaded, unzipped it, put the folder on the microSD and that didn't work. Next I copied the "Guts" of the folder to the root. Didn't work. That is when I realized this link was wrong. Even the instruction sheet Pioneer has mixes the terms "X920BT" and "Z110" model numbers. But, the instructions do say that if it failed, you probably downloaded the wrong file. DUH. PUT THE RIGHT FILE LINK UP PIONEER !!!!! :cry:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/CarAudioVideo/In-Dash/GPS-Navigation-Systems/AVIC-X920BT?tab=F

post note: I talked with tech support, he said the Z110.ZIP was the right file model number even though it was a X920BT I was updating. He insisted you format the microSD to FAT32. I did that, runs through the install and when I go back and check under the service panel the number is unchanged indicating 2.0000 firmware. Personally, I think I am stuck. Don't know that I want to pay for their "disk" if it will just fail again.

The Z110 references in the documents AND the files are correct, the X920 uses the same OS, so the rep is correct.

The file and link are correct. These units will NOT upgrade if the version on the system is already updated.

Have you done the additional "in-depth" version check referenced in the Pioneer documentation where you hold the upper left corner to get the full version number? if not all you will see is the 2.0000 version that is shared between all the updates so far.

Having the same problem -- I actually ordered the card from Pioneer. I turned the car on, put the card in the unit, and....nothing happens. I turned off the car, then unplugged my iPod, turned off Bluetooth, put the sD card in the unit and....nothing happens. I then went back to my computer, reformatted the card (FAT32), downloaded the upgrade from Pioneer's website, extracted the zip file directly to the sD card, checked to see that there was nothing but the "Z110" folder in the root of the card. I took the card back to my car, turned on the unit, put in the card and....nothing happens. I then went to "Settings," chose "Reset Factory Defaults," then put in the card and....nothing happens. Any thoughts as to how to get this stupid update to work?

....and yes, I checked my system settings. I do NOT have the 2.003 update installed.