AVIC411.com

Quality of Navigation?

Ok have you even used the PC software yourself? It does not save as a file that can be read by the phonebook app on the unit. I saves as a KML file that is read as a custom POI from the POI menu of the unit. That has nothing to do with the phonebook function of the unit or the iPhone app. Seriously sir, before you ever try and challenge my knowledge on these unit, you should really do your home work. You have just been seriously owned here. And I certainly know how the software works. I have only been using it sense it was first released for the F series.

You have got to be kidding me. Yes I have used it. That is why I just described to you how you use it. The file can be saved in the avic feeds programs a contact. Would you like me to post a tutorial with screen shots of each step?????

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here it is http://store.ovi.com/search?q=avic   Not sure how many models it works on or why it's so "secret" but it works on my E71 just like it is supposed to. You can take geo tagged photos and cr

Look at the file it saves. Its a KML and that will not appear as a contact on the unit. And no I don't need you to post a tutorial sense I already know how the software works in and out. You really should try it yourself and stop looking so foolish right now. Its really starting to get sad.

You're right. I am describing the process to create a POI or favorite with the AVIC feeds PC software. Which would also give you one touch navigation ability.

The Avic feeds for phone is how I made the contacts that transferred to the phonebook. However you did forget that there is a symbian version ;)

Give me a break I figured all the crappy pioneer software out ( Avic for PC. Avic for phone, and Music Sphere of death ) all on the day I got the deck and haven't used any of them since.

Where is the Symbian AVIC FEEDS version?

I know huh?

I guess I just got lucky - you would never know it exists. So you really want to know where it is?

I even emailed Pioneer and they never responded

I started thinking AVIC FEEDS For Symbian? That must be just made up

Well I don't need it but it is a useful piece of info that others probably would like to know about. So yea, where did you dig it up from?

Here it is http://store.ovi.com/search?q=avic

Not sure how many models it works on or why it's so "secret" but it works on my E71 just like it is supposed to. You can take geo tagged photos and create geo tagged contacts.

Cray huh?

VBLUE42 . I realized now how I figured this out. If you go to the main AVIC FEEDS mobile page on Pioneers site http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/CarAudioVideo/In-Dash/GPS-Navigation-Systems/AVIC+FEEDS+App+for+Smartphones

they have links for iphone and blackberry and nothing at all for anything else BUT in the fine print at the bottom of the page I read

"iTunes is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

BLACKBERRY is a registered trademark of Research in Motion Limited.

SYMBIAN is a registered trademark of Symbian Foundation Limited."

This is what set me on the quest to find it.