AVIC411.com

Cracking the Z110/20BT: F10/F20BT included? Region changing?

Looking more into the .IMG file and the reason that it cannot be opened. Doing some research on this it seems that it is a GEM Image file with an .img file extension. Apparently, these programs open it up, but I dont have any of them :(

Adobe Photoshop CS5

CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5

Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3

GEM Paint

Corel WordPerfect Office X5

There are multiple files with a .img extension, being GEM that fits best, because it is used to embed bmp's

...it's not a GEM file. It's a Pioneer created proprietary format. It a collection of 2000+ bmp files. Take a hex editor and you'll see that. It has to be decoded. We do know there are bmp files in there but they either don't have a header or they're compressed.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MOD COMMENT: I just wanted to offer a huge congrats to valued forum member ShortFuse. Over the last several months there have been numerous members claim they could do what he has done only to never b

The key file here is RenewalIFLib.dll from the APL directory.   Decompiled with Desquirr:   AL_AUTH_Operation::PassAttestation(ushort const *) 10002648 _PassAttestation_AL_AUTH_Operation__QAA_A

WOAH!!!!!!! It worked!!!! I'm updating it now.

Posted Images

...it's not a GEM file. It's a Pioneer created proprietary format. It a collection of 2000+ bmp files. Take a hex editor and you'll see that. It has to be decoded. We do know there are bmp files in there but they either don't have a header or they're compressed.

At 7 mb, they are DEFINATELY compressed. That is what baffles me, if it is compressed, then it has to be able to be decompressed. I am just baffled at what kind of img file it is.Here is a list of known img file extensions. A few of them can be ruled out, but, There is still a lot:

IMG

ADEX Corporation ChromaGraph Graphics Card Bitmap Graphic

IMG

AutoCAD CAD-Camera (Autodesk, Inc.)

IMG

Img Software Set Bitmap

IMG

Bitmap Graphic

IMG

Alias Bitmap Graphic

IMG

CloneCD Image (SlySoft Inc.)

IMG

Grand Theft Auto III File (Rockstar Games)

IMG

Disk Copy, ShrinkWrap Disk Image

IMG

ERDAS IMAGINE Image Format (Leica Geosystems , LLC)

IMG

Apple Macintosh Disk Copy Format (Apple Inc.)

IMG

Vicar

IMG

Grand Theft Auto III .DFF and .TXD Archive (Rockstar Games)

IMG

Idrisi32 Raster Image

IMG

Ventura Publisher/GEM VDI Image Format Bitmap

IMG

Image Whatnot / Erdas Imagine MIS / Radiance / Starbase

IMG

Microtek Eyestar

IMG

Planetary Data System

IMG

Starbase

IMG

Sharp GPB

IMG

Radiance Scene Description Image

IMG

Vivid Ray-tracer

IMG

All Image Raw Image (Towodo Software)

IMG

Garmin Basemap (Garmin Ltd.)

IMG

QEMU Qcow Disk Image (Fabrice Bellard)

I have performed the update and can confirm that it works!

A big thank you to ShortFuse.

A couple of questions - I performed the update using the image of the first SD card.

1) What is the second SD card image used for?

2) Is it safe to upgrade from firmware 2.0 to 2.003?

Isn't the second SD card (smaller file) for the bluetooth firmware update?

A couple of questions - I performed the update using the image of the first SD card.

1) What is the second SD card image used for?

2) Is it safe to upgrade from firmware 2.0 to 2.003?

U need to stick in SD1 and update BT, then stick SD2 and update BT. It clearly explains it in the PDF instructions that you can download from Pioneer.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/ephox/StaticFiles/Manuals/Car/CNSD-110FM.pdf

Download the v1.001 update from Pioneer.

Replace \AVICZ110\EU090APL.VER and \AVICZ110\APL\RenewalIFLib.dll with the files attached.

Copy the AVICZ110 folder with the patched files to the root of an SD card.

Insert the SD to your Z110BT and it should start updating automatically.

I already installed v1.001 from Pioneer but I can't get your FAKE v1.002 to install. The HU doesn't recognize the SD card as an update card, just a simple SD card. I have the AVICZ110 folder in the root directory, and it has the two files replaced.

I have no idea what to do next.

I did try and upgrade from Z110 to Z120 anyway, just to see if the v1.002 update took but it just didnt tell me it did. Unfortunately, I can't get pass the PASSWORD prompt. Even if I use all characters and fill up the box.

Please let me know what to do next.

Download the v1.001 update from Pioneer.

Replace \AVICZ110\EU090APL.VER and \AVICZ110\APL\RenewalIFLib.dll with the files attached.

Copy the AVICZ110 folder with the patched files to the root of an SD card.

Insert the SD to your Z110BT and it should start updating automatically.

I already installed v1.001 from Pioneer but I can't get your FAKE v1.002 to install. The HU doesn't recognize the SD card as an update card, just a simple SD card. I have the AVICZ110 folder in the root directory, and it has the two files replaced.

I have no idea what to do next.

I did try and upgrade from Z110 to Z120 anyway, just to see if the v1.002 update took but it just didnt tell me it did. Unfortunately, I can't get pass the PASSWORD prompt. Even if I use all characters and fill up the box.

Please let me know what to do next.

UPDATE:

I just found out my 32GB card is fake and the update did not exist on my card when updating. I am assuming this is why it didn't work. I will get a genuine card and try the update later. EBAY sellers are sometimes EVIL!!!!

UPDATE:

I just found out my 32GB card is fake and the update did not exist on my card when updating. I am assuming this is why it didn't work. I will get a genuine card and try the update later. EBAY sellers are sometimes EVIL!!!!

Lol, I bet you found this out AFTER you gave him excellent feedback :lol:

That is why I never give feedback until about a week after i received the product.

Hey, I'm new here and would like to know what does this first phase mean? Does it mean we're closer to hack this device? The point is, I'm from Brazil and am thinking in buy this navigator, but I'll need to install brazilian maps on it, so should I wait or forget about this navigator and try to find another one (maybe X910BT)?

Thank you ;-)

Sorry for my english.

UPDATE: I just found out my 32GB card is fake and the update did not exist on my card when updating. I am assuming this is why it didn't work. I will get a genuine card and try the update later. EBAY sellers are sometimes EVIL!!!!

This is off topic but this is yet another reason not to buy stuff on eBay if there is no way you can tell if its genuine or not. And just so everyone knows, memory products on eBay, particularly SD cards are often lower capacity cards from what they are advertised as.

UPDATE: I just found out my 32GB card is fake and the update did not exist on my card when updating. I am assuming this is why it didn't work. I will get a genuine card and try the update later. EBAY sellers are sometimes EVIL!!!!

This is off topic but this is yet another reason not to buy stuff on eBay if there is no way you can tell if its genuine or not. And just so everyone knows, memory products on eBay, particularly SD cards are often lower capacity cards from what they are advertised as.

I just wanted to let everyone know that my failed update attempts were due to faulty hardware, and not to discredit shortfuse for all his hard work. And as for the EBAY seller (beststore778), he/she will get what they deserve in time. I did, however, give negative feedback to warn others of the wrong doing.