AVIC411.com

Cracking the Z110/20BT: F10/F20BT included? Region changing?

I took a deep breath, and tried the hack on my F10BT (EU). And it worked :) I was able to install the hacked US 1.001 , then the EU 2.0 update with a random password.

Thanks ShortFuse for the hack!

It seems, that the application part is the same for both variants.

The only strange thing is that after I tried to install the 2.003 update, it still says 2.0000 although it copied the files, and it seemed that it finished correctly (reseted / restarted itself as it should). If I try to reinstall the update, nothing happens.

The unit seems to be fully functional, so it's fine for now.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MOD COMMENT: I just wanted to offer a huge congrats to valued forum member ShortFuse. Over the last several months there have been numerous members claim they could do what he has done only to never b

The key file here is RenewalIFLib.dll from the APL directory.   Decompiled with Desquirr:   AL_AUTH_Operation::PassAttestation(ushort const *) 10002648 _PassAttestation_AL_AUTH_Operation__QAA_A

WOAH!!!!!!! It worked!!!! I'm updating it now.

Posted Images

I took a deep breath, and tried the hack on my F10BT (EU). And it worked :) I was able to install the hacked US 1.001 , then the EU 2.0 update with a random password.

The only strange thing is that after I tried to install the 2.003 update, it still says 2.0000 although it copied the files, and it seemed that it finished correctly (reseted / restarted itself as it should). If I try to reinstall the update, nothing happens.

That's big news - seems to also mean you could buy a US Z110/120, and now use it in the EU (with correct updates).

From memory, the US version is like 1/2 the price of the EU version (discounted).

I bought a remanufactured Z110 and updated it to a Z120 and have less than $700 into all of it. looks and works like brand new and saved over half the cost. It was sealed from pioneer. I see them just as good as new because they are gone through and tested be fore leaving the factory.

THAT'S Great NEWSSS, Where can we find the EU2.0 FILES? I Downloaded the US CNSD-110FM FIles But i guess I need, the EU Files? PLease Help. Can you Explain how to do this...

THXS in Advance!

Just updated my F10BT as well with the patched 1.001 update and the AU maps updated to 2.000 without a hitch! :D Though the second SD card didn't want to update the bluetooth for some reason, im not sure why, but that's no biggy.

Thank you very much for all your effort! :D

Well did you try and update the BT with the 1st SD like you're suppose to?

Just updated my F10BT as well with the patched 1.001 update and the AU maps updated to 2.000 without a hitch! :D Though the second SD card didn't want to update the bluetooth for some reason, im not sure why, but that's no biggy.

Thank you very much for all your effort! :D

Well did you try and update the BT with the 1st SD like you're suppose to?

My bad, forgot you had to do it manually. Thanks mate!

Very nice. All the crack does is crack the upgrade check. It doesn't touch any other files. What are the versions available for the EU version?

1.000 stock (can't get the files)

2.0000 EU 2010 Upgrade (i would want to take a look at those)

Anything else? Any 1.x updates or 2.x updates?

Dude, that was super risky though. If that's the case, this might be a universal crack for more devices than just Z110/Z120/F10/F20

*first post updated with this new information*

Very nice. All the crack does is crack the upgrade check. It doesn't touch any other files. What are the versions available for the EU version?

1.000 stock (can't get the files)

2.0000 EU 2010 Upgrade (i would want to take a look at those)

Anything else? Any 1.x updates or 2.x updates?

Dude, that was super risky though. If that's the case, this might be a universal crack for more devices than just Z110/Z120/F10/F20

No risk, no fun :D

For EU there is only the 2.0 EU update(F10->F20) and the 2.003 update available (the 2.003 EU has exactly the same files as the 2.003 US)

Nothing more.

What made me think that the hack should work, is that the US 1.001 update is also exactly the same as the AU 1.001 update as saiwogjai also mentioned. And also most of the 2.0 update is the same, excluding the maps, and some files which seem to store version numbers regarding the maps.

I have no clue about the files of other systems, but if the file-check is the same, you might be right.

But I think it is necessary to hack the 2.003 update too, for future updates, as it probably overwrote the hacked files on the unit. (I just have no idea why it does not show for me right version - does it show for US 2.003?)

The only thing I made maybe wrong is, I did first only the 3.1 BT update, then as I had the 2.003 and the 3.11BT update on the same card, it automatically installed the 2.003 first, before I could start the 3.11BT update.

Regarding mods, I havent found anything yet to get to the bitmaps, the image.img file is not a jffs2 filesystem image, I tried.