AVIC411.com

Cracking the Z110/20BT: F10/F20BT included? Region changing?

Hmmmm, lots of replies, but none to my question. Can the Z120's navigation section be hacked? The file structure should be similar even though it is a different OS, but if it is possible to get into the main Navigation section, I can try to convert my Nav mod over to the Z120. If this is possible and someone can send me the files, I can start molding your system, with the help of a tester, that is, because I don't have a 120. If anyone is interested and has the capabilities of extracting the Nav files, PM me!

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MOD COMMENT: I just wanted to offer a huge congrats to valued forum member ShortFuse. Over the last several months there have been numerous members claim they could do what he has done only to never b

The key file here is RenewalIFLib.dll from the APL directory.   Decompiled with Desquirr:   AL_AUTH_Operation::PassAttestation(ushort const *) 10002648 _PassAttestation_AL_AUTH_Operation__QAA_A

WOAH!!!!!!! It worked!!!! I'm updating it now.

Posted Images

Excuse my ignorance, i'm new to this forum, but what is cracking this upgrade allow you to do with the Z110BT?

there is an offial update available from PIoneer circa $200 although it's been discounted to under $150 in some places. However, this crack allows a free update, this basically turns your Z110 into a Z120 buy updating the UI and the maps :)

Hmmmm, lots of replies, but none to my question. Can the Z120's navigation section be hacked? The file structure should be similar even though it is a different OS, but if it is possible to get into the main Navigation section, I can try to convert my Nav mod over to the Z120. If this is possible and someone can send me the files, I can start molding your system, with the help of a tester, that is, because I don't have a 120. If anyone is interested and has the capabilities of extracting the Nav files, PM me!

Hey abb, I think its too early to tell but this is promising. I wanted you to see this so if it gets to that you can offer some insight. As soon as it develops further, ill let you know.

Hey abb, I think its too early to tell but this is promising. I wanted you to see this so if it gets to that you can offer some insight. As soon as it develops further, ill let you know.

Thank you, if we can ever get into the file system, let me know, and I will work on it :)! I am really looking forward to it as I wanted this system when it first came out. The only stopper was that you couldn't mod it, so I stuck with the F700, and now the X910.

Z120 and Z110 running the 2010 upgrade are exactly the same. The 2010 upgrade updates the OS to 2.000 making the two identical. Currently, there are two drives. The NAND and NAND2. What we care about, really is the APL folder. Everything that runs is in there. The OS is in the PLATFORM file, which is a WinCE ROM file. It's pretty similar to Windows Mobile ROM files. I'm going to ask people on XDA who do WinMo hacks for help decoding it. Windows Mobile 6 is also WinCE 5.0 (version 5.2) so there should be a lot of interoperability between the two.

What is your opinion on the possibility of UI hacks based on what you have seen so far?

Without disassembly knowledge, it's not going to be easy. It's not impossible, but so far, the only way I see it being possible is through reverse engineering. Maybe if we map out the system well enough we can see some modifications. At the current level, the things we can do now seems somewhat limited. Of course, as we go along and start unpacking files we can get somewhere. The biggest danger is the lack of a proper bootloader. If we mess something up, there's no recovery option. It's too easy to brick the device. Step 1, of all, is decode the PRG files.

Do you think it may be possible to hack the music playing file decoders to allow playback of FLAC files?

I'm hoping so. But to be honest, we'd have to invent something that's never been done on WinCE (PPC/WinMo) before. If it was already done I'd try to plug it in, but we'd be doing it from scratch. We would need FLAC to work via DirectShow with a DMO wrapper.

Did you take a look at the first post with the file table for NAND2? Is that what you need?

ShortFuse, is it possible for you to look into the update for the european version?

http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/support/softw ... wnload_211

I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking for here... The only thing I've done so far is hack the v1.x to 2.0 password protection.

Did you take a look at the first post with the file table for NAND2? Is that what you need?

Yeah, I looked at it, but it is totally different to what I am used to. Can you copy and extract all those files from the AVIC?

Yeah, I looked at it, but it is totally different to what I am used to. Can you copy and extract all those files from the AVIC?

It won't do you any good... All NAND2 has is Map Data, XM Radio bitmaps, sound effects, symbols and voices. The real data can be found on the updates, the APL folder. This is where you'll get your UI elements and mods.

The most probable thing we can do is reskin it. Under APL\MENU you can find a IMAGE.img file which contains all 2885 bitmap files used for the menus. There are 2500+ 32k bmps. There are 300+ 2M bitmaps. I'm assuming that means color, not resolution. I'm still working on extracting those.

The RFF files seem to be layout files. I haven't been able to decode it manually. It seems to have been made with Pioneer Navistudio 3.01. I have the program but I can't seem to get into it. I think it's looking for a portable Pioneer device (Japan Pioneer Unit).

You can grab the 3.2 version here: http://pioneer.jp/car/navistudio/navist ... /step.html

I hope you know Japanese...

Btw, this is what a Japanese unit's GPS screen looks like

Pioneer-Carrozzeria-in-dash-GPS-Navigation-Systems.jpg

ShortFuse, is it possible for you to look into the update for the european version?

I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking for here... The only thing I've done so far is hack the v1.x to 2.0 password protection.

The problem is, that for the EU versions (F10BT) there was no 1.001 update offered, so we can't use this as a basis to hack the update.

Strange though, that the 2.003 update is existing for the F20BT too, and so far I compared the EU and US files, it looks exactly the same.

So it might do work using the US 1.001 update files, but I don't want to brick my unit...

The problem is, that for the EU versions (F10BT) there was no 1.001 update offered, so we can't use this as a basis to hack the update.

Strange though, that the 2.003 update is existing for the F20BT too, and so far I compared the EU and US files, it looks exactly the same.

So it might do work using the US 1.001 update files, but I don't want to brick my unit...

That was my question on the previous page too, though there is an update on the AU website for f10bt which is called "Time Zone Fix On The Pioneer AVIC-F10BT" which contain all the files that are contained in the US 1.001 update, there is even an AVICZ110 folder inside that zip even tho it is AVICF10. Be interesting if EU/AU can use that update instead of the US 1.001

It won't do you any good... All NAND2 has is Map Data, XM Radio bitmaps, sound effects, symbols and voices. The real data can be found on the updates, the APL folder. This is where you'll get your UI elements and mods.

The most probable thing we can do is reskin it. Under APL\MENU you can find a IMAGE.img file which contains all 2885 bitmap files used for the menus. There are 2500+ 32k bmps. There are 300+ 2M bitmaps. I'm assuming that means color, not resolution. I'm still working on extracting those.

The RFF files seem to be layout files. I haven't been able to decode it manually. It seems to have been made with Pioneer Navistudio 3.01. I have the program but I can't seem to get into it. I think it's looking for a portable Pioneer device (Japan Pioneer Unit).

You can grab the 3.2 version here: http://pioneer.jp/car/navistudio/navist ... /step.html

Nah, I dont know japanese :(. The F/X series has its main/AV files in an APL folder whereas the Navigation section resides in an APL2/IGO folder. It makes sense that the image file is in the APL/Menu folder, but there must be another folder that houses the units navigation scripts. That is what we need to find. Thank you for all the hard work that you are doing in this. If we can get this unit modified, I will be off to purchase one and do all my modding on this unit as well as my X series. Can you send me a copy of the IMAGE.img file?

Nah, I dont know japanese :(. The F/X series has its main/AV files in an APL folder whereas the Navigation section resides in an APL2/IGO folder. It makes sense that the image file is in the APL/Menu folder, but there must be another folder that houses the units navigation scripts. That is what we need to find. Thank you for all the hard work that you are doing in this. If we can get this unit modified, I will be off to purchase one and do all my modding on this unit as well as my X series. Can you send me a copy of the IMAGE.img file?

http://ds1.downloadtech.net/cn1010/firm ... ICZ110.zip