AVIC411.com

Cracking the Z110/20BT: F10/F20BT included? Region changing?

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MOD COMMENT: I just wanted to offer a huge congrats to valued forum member ShortFuse. Over the last several months there have been numerous members claim they could do what he has done only to never b

The key file here is RenewalIFLib.dll from the APL directory.   Decompiled with Desquirr:   AL_AUTH_Operation::PassAttestation(ushort const *) 10002648 _PassAttestation_AL_AUTH_Operation__QAA_A

WOAH!!!!!!! It worked!!!! I'm updating it now.

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

i just tried it and i dont have the new firmware. now my head unit takes about 10 seconds to power on instead of 1 or 2

Try removing the SD card. Then reboot. Since it didn't update, the reboot time shouldn't change.

also my firmware version shows 01.0000

That means the update didn't succeed. Did you install the ShortFuse hack? If you want help, you're going to have to provide much more info. What EXACTLY did you do? That model unit do you have? Which software US, AU or EU?

all i did was download the new firmware from pioneers site (1.001) and replace the 2 files that were provided with the 2 from the download. i emptied an sd card and dropped the AVICZ110 folder into it. then i slipped it in the unit and it took a few seconds but started updating. it got to 100% and said that it was rebooting. its been the way i described ever since! i am using us software i believe lol. i purchased this unit from amazon us about a year ago. any help would be greatly appreciated.

all i did was download the new firmware from pioneers site (1.001) and replace the 2 files that were provided with the 2 from the download. i emptied an sd card and dropped the AVICZ110 folder into it. then i slipped it in the unit and it took a few seconds but started updating. it got to 100% and said that it was rebooting. its been the way i described ever since! i am using us software i believe lol. i purchased this unit from amazon us about a year ago. any help would be greatly appreciated.

1.001 was a minor patch to the Z110. Fixs a few small bugs. ShortFuse's patch to 1.001 is just to circumvent the serial number validation when you install the real V2 update from Pioneer: CNSD-110FM, SD1. Its all documented in this thread. Read it.

1.001 was a minor patch to the Z110. Fixs a few small bugs. ShortFuse's patch to 1.001 is just to circumvent the serial number validation when you install the real V2 update from Pioneer: CNSD-110FM, SD1. Its all documented in this thread. Read it.

i thought i did read it. i already have the big 3gb update ready to go but in the confusion i didnt think i needed to install it. im confused! so can i just do that update now?

i thought i did read it. i already have the big 3gb update ready to go but in the confusion i didnt think i needed to install it. im confused! so can i just do that update now?

Yes, installing V2.0 (CNSD-110FM) is the whole point. So, are you saying your version is still 1.00000? If you applied the ShortFuse hack, it should be 1.002. To tell:

1. Press the "HOME" button; then touch the "Settings" tab;

2. Touch the "System Settings" tab; then touch the "Service Information" tab;

3. Press and hold the top left corner of the “Service Information†screen;

4. The "Platform version" number and the "Application version" number are both displayed -- look at the "Application Version" number, which is displayed on the second line;

5. If the version is either 1.000000 or 1.001000, then you didn't do the patch correctly or you dont have the correct files on your SD.

6. If the "Version" number is "1.002000" or a larger number, the system has already been updated with the hacked firmware. Proceed with the CNSD-110FM update.

ok i just tried to redo the update because my application version was still 1.001. the first time everything went smooth so i thought it took but when i went back in, no dice. when i tried a second time nothing happened, it didnt even start the upgrade and then fail. my question is can i make another fake update number and get it to try to "reupdate" say 1.003??? if so where would i input the new update info??? PLEASE HELP! i have everything else ready to go.

ok i just tried to redo the update because my application version was still 1.001. the first time everything went smooth so i thought it took but when i went back in, no dice. when i tried a second time nothing happened, it didnt even start the upgrade and then fail. my question is can i make another fake update number and get it to try to "reupdate" say 1.003??? if so where would i input the new update info??? PLEASE HELP! i have everything else ready to go.

The upgrade (either the 1.00000 from Pioneer, or the ShortFuse hack) will not install unless it is a higher version number than what is installed on the HU. My guess is (based on the fact that your version is still 1.001000) that you didn't correctly apply his replacement files. So, start from scratch. Re-download the 1.001 update. Replace the files with the same name from ShortFuse. Don't just copy ShortFuse's files onto the SD. Your SD should only have 1 folder in root (AVICZ110). If you have any other files in root of the SD, you aren't following the instructions correctly.

If need be, It is possible to create a fake version, like 1.0030000. You could do it yourself, or maybe ShortFuse would if you PM'd him. I think I recall him explaining how he patched the original. However, I doubt that is your problem. I just verified that the MD5 checksum of the file 1.001000.zip on Pioneer USA's website (Pioneer Z110 update) is the same as the one I used last year, so they didn't modify it to defeat the hack.

OR, you could try just proceeding with the V2 upgrade. If you can get past the serial number check, you're OK.:grin:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is off topic but this is yet another reason not to buy stuff on eBay if there is no way you can tell if its genuine or not. And just so everyone knows, memory products on eBay, particularly SD cards are often lower capacity cards from what they are advertised as.

Hello folks, as an eBay seller and buyer I have come across some issues with flash media,run media utilities (can't remember their names)just Goggle you'll find them, when you first get the media and look at the properties windows will tell you the ball par capacity, but if you try to load or copy any files to it that exceeds the real capacity it won't take them, the fist thing I do is format it, but beware, there are some hacks out there that will not allow you to do this with the regular format utility found in Windows, you must use one of those media utilities that are designed to do this. Just my 2 cents since I been away from networking and computers for a while I'm getting rusty on the subject matter, I hope that helps someone, bottom line buy from good sources some sellers (will)(not) be aware that the media they bought in large quantities are hacked.